2017 Portsmouth Island trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just put in for time off. Should get it. Now to call the ferry....
It would be great if you could make it. Having a 60, 70, 80s, a hundy, and a Tacoma would be great for photos.

Dang it. This is shaping up to be a
Hell of a ride. Unfortunately it is looking like I will be ther a week after u guys. Thinking thanksgiving weeeknd for me

I'm in. Not sure if Laura is coming.

Called the ferry. They only have AM slots on Friday, and having just taken nearly three weeks of PTO, I can't take any more time off in the near future.

Gonna miss it. Next year :(

Called the ferry. They only have AM slots on Friday, and having just taken nearly three weeks of PTO, I can't take any more time off in the near future.

Gonna miss it. Next year :(
TBH if I had the choice between Portsmouth Island and Europe, I'd be brushing up on my French too.

@GLTHFJ60 ...... Just walk on the ferry ;)
That's a good idea for people who might not want to take their truck to salt bath city anyway. The cabins are maybe 200 yards from the ferry dock, but we could pick you up if we know when you're coming. There are bound to be some empty seats in other trucks. I can put at least one of my second row seats back in if I need to. I'd also be happy to procure and transport any store bought supplies to lighten the walk-on load if somebody goes that route (beer, food, etc). You could pack your gear in an empty cooler for the trip over, then buy ice on the island for your cooler needs. I'm also curious if they're basing ferry spots on the smaller ferry or the larger one that they've previously been able to bring in for overflow.

Short version: We can make things work with just a little advance notice.

I'll also add this - there is currently cabin availability for one of ours on Wednesday 11/15, and for another of ours on Monday 11/20. If somebody wants to be flexible on the in and out, and can get workable times with the ferry service for Wed or Mon, I'll cover the cost of adding one or both of those days. My thought here being that posting this thread 3-4 weeks earlier would have allowed more time for people to arrange their ferry rides when there might have been more available slots (not that some of us would have actually done that!). Either way, the offer is there until the cabins are gone.

This offer also allows for anybody with existing ferry slots, and Wed & Mon flexibility, to possibly coordinate with others who don't have flexibility and can't get a slot to just swap ferry slots around as needed, if they'd be willing to arrange new slots and give their old to the other folks. You get the idea...legwork, but doable...please post here if you're on either side of that equation so we can see what turns up.

I should have room for passengers in the 100!

I should have room for passengers in the 100!
If you don't mind, and if @GLTHFJ60 isn't coming, do you mind if I grab that seat with you? I'll have my truck with me, but I wanted to shoot lots of photos this trip. I got the best shots by riding shotgun last time. Driving and shooting photos sucks.

If you don't mind, and if @GLTHFJ60 isn't coming, do you mind if I grab that seat with you? I'll have my truck with me, but I wanted to shoot lots of photos this trip. I got the best shots by riding shotgun last time. Driving and shooting photos sucks.

Sure, If I do not bring a lady friend with me ;) Can always ride in the back seat as well.

I'm trying to make the call. It's right before the Thanksgiving break so I'm not sure I can get the PTO. I'll have a decision by Monday - but of course, don't wait for me this is just an FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom