Events/Trails 200's in Breckenridge - Summer 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We really need to come up with a group picture idea....or two. Like a drone shot of us taking over the local McDs or something funny. Or local Jeep dealer

There's honestly not going to be a ton of places to fit all our trucks!

I'm sure we can figure something out. I will be doing some "work" with some of the local Colorado guys, with pre-running trails and checking local hotspots that might work to park 30 Land Yachts.

Also-I've been thinking that threads are not necessarily the best format for LCDC: to make announcements, post itineraries, etc., we may have to bite the bullet and build a website.

Anyone out there with that skill-set and free time? I might be able to find the time but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Update #2 (April 4)
- August 2-6 2017
- Official Confirmed and Maybe list below. Turning out to be a great group this year!
- ARB will be joining us this year!

Please let me know if your status changes so we can update and keep a good count.

Confirmed:
- @codyaustin5 +3
- @Willy beamin
- @Markuson
- @mcgaskins
- @ethernectar
- @kevinfoutch
- @sleeoffroad
- @indycole
- @RS6tofj80
- @Canyonero
- @vabluefish
- @beno
- @Atwalz +1
- @BTUMAN
- @Mogwai
- @TexAZ
- @bperz
- @Dan Higgins
- @steenh
- @teambell
- @RTaylor
- @RockdogAdventures
- @linuxgod
- @M1911
- @txtortoise
- @damdifino
- @Eisbaer
- @THE LIRA
- @TRD Burglar
- @mwm4211
- @dc916cruiser +1

Maybe:
- @MScruiser
- @kreiten
- @TonyP
- @Taco2Cruiser
- @BillWms01
- @vapilotda
- @Romer
- @Oakleyguy
- @Yossarian
- @natvet
- @LALC
- @elkeye

Please change status to 'confirmed'. Booked hotel in Breckinridge.

What do folks think about having someone with a spare: Radiator, Starter, Water Pump.

Is there anyone with connections that could have these on hand in town so that part ordering would not take 1-2 days to get and they could be put on locally and back on the road the same day?

With these many cruisers it would be a good contingency plan. And if not used , could these be returned? I'm thinking someone local in the Denver area. Could store back at condo or hotel etc.

Just a thought. These are our current weak points on the 200. Maybe @sleeoffroad could answer.

I c
Also-I've been thinking that threads are not necessarily the best format for LCDC: to make announcements, post itineraries, etc., we may have to bite the bullet and build a website.

Anyone out there with that skill-set and free time? I might be able to find the time but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Or perhaps a FB group and then the meet as an event. Could help with some of that, but currently running our SoCal TLCA site and mailing list. That's enough of that for now. ;)

Any update on a stop through Moab for the guys coming from the West?

We are doing a Moab pre run this year. Moab Pre run 2017.. Dates are on first post. July 29th evening meeting and trail runs on July 30-August 1. Drive to Breck on 8/2.

Still trying to figure out logistics for this before I confirm.

What's the camping situation? Is there going to be a base camp option most will be staying at? If there hasn't been one discussed, can some of the local guys recommend some places we may be able to reserves a handful of sites?

Thanks,
Richard

Vids for attention. Our first trip to the Rockies last year with Rising Sun 4x4 Club over Labor Day Weekend.

Last edited:
Still trying to figure out logistics for this before I confirm.

What's the camping situation? Is there going to be a base camp option most will be staying at? If there hasn't been one discussed, can some of the local guys recommend some places we may be able to reserves a handful of sites?

Thanks,
Richard

I'd be interested in knowing some camp sites close by too, preferable with showers and shore power.

So, Mapquest says I am approximately a 28 hour drive to Breckenridge. I have well over 2 weeks of unplanned vacation, and have never been to CO. Soooooo....is there room for a NY rig? I should have a lift and sliders by then, and am seriously considering making this epic journey out west.

So, Mapquest says I am approximately a 28 hour drive to Breckenridge. I have well over 2 weeks of unplanned vacation, and have never been to CO. Soooooo....is there room for a NY rig? I should have a lift and sliders by then, and am seriously considering making this epic journey out west.

Heck ya!!! Virginians joined us last year!

My wife and I use VRBO all the time. Very handy. If you haven't been to CO and you don't mind the time and a road trip (the LC is a great road trip vehicle) then you definitely need to come to CO. Bee I and the surrounding area area a great start. You should plan to mix in a couple other areas as well

As for camping, the Brock area and Summit County which is around it is not the best for camping. VRBO condos are a good option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom