1990 HZJ77 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm now only missing plates from Antarctica and I'm not even sure those guys require license plates.

I can confirm plates are not required for Antarctica. Just BFG MT's and ski'ed 130's.

IMG_1786.JPG
IMG_1787.JPG

Lucky mugs ! Would love to do an overlanding trip in the snow !!
I wasn't there for off roading. Flew casevac and ran hyperbaric chamber for the commercial divers. But I was able to visit the actual and ceremonial south poles as well as the dry valleys.

View attachment 1483260
My wife and I finally got around to cleaning out some old mail and found this photograph. (Sorry for the poor quality ...
It's a photo of a photo)
Before I "saw the light" and bought my first Land Cruiser, I walked on the "dark side" for a while. :)

Geez, you could have just owned a Nissan Patrol. Far superior build quality to the old Rovers or any Rover for that matter. I get it though, in the early 90's before internet I dreamed of owning Rovers. I wanted a D90 so bad when they came out but $40+k was to much for a poor young white boy.

Cheers

Summer has officially arrived in Southern Georgia with afternoon temps. in the 90+ degree (F) range. Even at these temps. and pushing 12psi of boost, (A/C...on) the EGT's never exceed 800-850 degrees (F) with the Intercooler installed. Prior to the Intercooler installation the temps. would push 1,100-1,200 degrees under the same conditions.
In other words the A/W Intercooler was money well spent.

No surprise there, all TDs will give good results from an IC. I had a x2 charged TD, super and turbo chargers on it. It also had x2 intercoolers and we saw amazing results from running both ICs. Other things offer amazing results as well such as ceramic coatings, oil coolers and having an upgraded cooling system. Oh ya and not over fueling. ;)

Cheers

image.jpeg

One of the downsides to living near the gulf coast is the possibility of a hurricane. The local governments are always preaching "preparedness" and I take them serious. My survival kit includes a Land Cruiser and this item. :)

Don't say I didn't warn ya.

:lol:
So are you going to give us some details on your perspective? I have the same transmission, it does exceedingly well on and off road, is strong as a rock, and with 115,000 miles, it shows zero weakness. Also, do you have any connections on where I could get my diesel injection pump and turbo rebuilt? Diesel injection pump nameplate below:
IMG_6432.PNG

Allen ..... P.M. Sent
My auto gearbox has been in my Cruiser for 27 years and it still shifts smoothly and runs cool. That's all I can ask for.
I'm old and lazy so the automatic transmission fits my lifestyle perfectly.

Last edited:
Charles is the expert A440F in the 70 series world.

I would direct all questions to him regarding diesels, 7x series trucks, parts and technical expertise.

I don't do 7x series anymore.
Everyone knows I have nothing to contribute, certainly nothing worthwhile. I'm just a lowly pilot. (I do have a working knowledge of Bernoulli's principle). I can however forward your questions to someone who is an expert. :)

Last edited:
Charles is the expert A440F in the 70 series world.

I would direct all questions to him regarding diesels, 7x series trucks, parts and technical expertise.

I don't do 7x series anymore.
Understood. Thank you for the response!

image.jpeg

Because I had very little need for "swing outs" I chose a simpler design. My goal was to maintain a somewhat OEM look while greatly increasing the structural integrity in relation to the factory version. I'm very satisfied with the results.

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Another factor for me was the desire to keep the original side trim on my 77 Series. This bumper design allowed me to do that.

image.jpeg

Although my current under-hood lighting system works very well, I'll soon be upgrading to "version #2" as seen in this photo. I'll not only be able to see my engine bay but I can now mow my lawn at the same time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom