1990 HZJ77 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 1483260
My wife and I finally got around to cleaning out some old mail and found this photograph. (Sorry for the poor quality ...
It's a photo of a photo)
Before I "saw the light" and bought my first Land Cruiser, I walked on the "dark side" for a while. :)

I wouldn't call it a dark side, just another chapter in an adventure. But I am partial to both as I switch between Rovers and Landcruisers daily. A Defender 110 does ride better than a 77 Series :beer:

I wouldn't call it a dark side, just another chapter in an adventure. But I am partial to both as I switch between Rovers and Landcruisers daily. A Defender 110 does ride better than a 77 Series :beer:
I owned a number of Series Land Rovers (1963, 1964, & 1972) as well as a 1995 D-90SW however I never owned a 110. I throughly enjoyed the Defender 90 and eventually gave it to my son.

image.jpeg

New stuff ..... Thanks Rob Smith. :)
My under-hood lighting system was Rob's prototype #1. It's being replaced by version #2.

Last edited:
Some of you may have noticed that my 'MUD handle has been changed. ( courtesy of @woody :) )
My original handle (@1978HJ45) was a reflection of my first Land Cruiser but no longer seemed relevant.
My dad, who is directly responsible for the person I am today and is unfortunately no longer with us, flew attack helicopters in Vietnam with the 334th during his second tour in 1968-69. "Gun Runner 5" was his call sign and in an effort to honor his memory I elected to change my handle.

Last edited:
Witness Protection Program.

It's supposed to be a secret.........:doh:

Some of you may have noticed that my 'MUD handle has been changed. ( courtesy of @woody :) )
My original handle (@1978HJ45) was a reflection of my first Land Cruiser but no longer seemed relevant.
My dad, who is directly responsible for the person I am today and is unfortunately no longer with us, flew attack helicopters in Vietnam with the 334th during his second tour in 1968-69. "Gun Runner 5" was his call sign and in an effort to honor his memory I elected to change my handle.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys for the p.m.'s and emails. :)

image.jpg
Pre-hurricane photo. Hopefully it will still look like this after the hurricane passes. :)

Mine took on 5 or 6. 2 were big. The truck will be fine. But the infrastructure in Okinawa is considerably different then Southern US. I hope everything else survives! My thoughts are with you.

The latest forecast has actually improved from a Cat 1 Hurricane to a Tropical Storm in S.W. Georgia. Hopefully the trend will continue to improve. I have enough beer and beef jerky to last a couple of weeks if necessary. :)

All things considered, we were very lucky. Major power outages throughout the region but no significant damage that I am aware of.
..... Thanks

This is inspirational. I've been looking at 77s and everything here is so spot on. Read through the whole thread. Great info.

This is inspirational. I've been looking at 77s and everything here is so spot on. Read through the whole thread. Great info.
You must be really bored to read through one of my threads. :lol:

You must be really bored :lol:

I had a spot of down time between bits of work. For the last couple of months I've been popping in and out of the forum lurking and researching.:hmm:

Reason #812 why Toyota's electric hubs are a pain in the butt. Last year at the 2nd Annual Meet & Greet, my right front hub failed to engage thus rendering my Cruiser a 3 wheel drive. Once home the hubs were disassembled, cleaned and bench tested and again worked properly. Fast forward to today when the hubs are tested to verify they are still functioning properly prior to the 3rd Annual Meet & Greet and they both fail to engage. After HOURS of troubleshooting
It was determined that the activation switch in the cab had failed. Upon returning from this years meet & greet, the electric hubs are going in the trash bin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom