Builds 1987 FJ60 Restoration + 5.3 Vortec Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been a minute, have been forgetting to post progress.
A/C works perfectly now that I've added the extra fan/shroud. I bought an upholstery kit from CCOT; super solid quality and a very easy install. Also re-worked the foams so the seats don't feel worn out anymore. Really prefer this look over BMW/other unoriginal seats.
View attachment 2452992
And here's a photo of how she sits as of now. Will be completing the rear bumper this weekend! Have been spending a lot more time getting the drift car ready but it's time to wrap this thing up.

(sorry super blurry phone pic at dawn lol)
Black carpet looks great. I’m going to do that in my brown interior. Did you dye the steering wheel and armrests black?

Black carpet looks great. I’m going to do that in my brown interior. Did you dye the steering wheel and armrests black?
yessir - carpet, dash cap, lower dash, console, door cards, cargo panels and cargo trim have all been redone in black. I really hate 80s Toyota interior colors lol

yessir - carpet, dash cap, lower dash, console, door cards, cargo panels and cargo trim have all been redone in black. I really hate 80s Toyota interior colors lol
Did you use a vinyl dye? How was it? Did you document? I have an issue with the many different shades of brown and tan and just want to simplify but not go all black.
Would love to see more!

Did you use a vinyl dye? How was it? Did you document? I have an issue with the many different shades of brown and tan and just want to simplify but not go all black.
Would love to see more!
I didn’t document but its all pretty straight forward. Give it a light scuff with a scotchbrite and clean well with wax and grease remover. I used a duplicolor spray dye, but SEM, etc will work fine I’m sure.

I didn’t document but its all pretty straight forward. Give it a light scuff with a scotchbrite and clean well with wax and grease remover. I used a duplicolor spray dye, but SEM, etc will work fine I’m sure.
I’ve done it before and it worked out fine. But not on anything that gets as heavily used as a steering wheel. Keep up the good work and keep posting updates!

Here are some decent pics taken with something other than a cell phone! Finally got around to finishing the rear bumper/wiring in the trailer connector and started upholstering the rear seats. Should be a nice ride once that's done. Really happy with the way it's looking - This is probably where I'm gonna call it as far as cosmetics go save for figuring out some plugs for the holes left by the snake blinders.
rsz_c188af96-a52e-4fd1-948c-4fe448d70aed-e2627fcb-e92c-4df8-b553-bb9195ffc35d.jpg

rsz_750297e2-6746-4521-8f7c-1aec680391e7-847a5336-64e4-40e7-94a6-9b990a7494d7.jpg

rsz_2910c006-63d6-4112-8152-36fda050bc17-4f49a5ca-d6fe-4e8b-96a3-25515fdd4352.jpg

Just read this start to finish and what a way to start the day. That was a great thread. Learned a lot and appreciate your post. I’ll send a plane for you if you have a week to spare!

Just read this start to finish and what a way to start the day. That was a great thread. Learned a lot and appreciate your post. I’ll send a plane for you if you have a week to spare!
very kind! i’ve been meaning to update this thread as i’ve finally completed the daunting task of building a front driveshaft but things have been hectic at work and haven’t had the spare time to get detailed pics.

very kind! i’ve been meaning to update this thread as i’ve finally completed the daunting task of building a front driveshaft but things have been hectic at work and haven’t had the spare time to get detailed pics.

Hey dude, what did you end up doing for the front drive shaft?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom