1985 HJ45 fuses and lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pura Vida

What an absolute noob
Threads
Hello all! I have recently purchased a 1980 HJ45 from Costa Rica and imported it. I love the diesel inline 6, but I have run into a few problems. For one, the left side brake, turn signal and reverse light are very dim and almost impossible to see during the day. I suspect it is a fuse problem since I already replaced those bulbs. The right side lights are super bright and light up really well. I suspect it is a fuse because one of the fuses in the fusebox is missing. Does anyone know what volt fuses go in each fuse section? thanks. (the green 30 fuse is at the top, and the 15 blue fuse is at the bottom)
HJ45 fuses.jpeg

Not likely to be the fuses. Fuses either work or they don’t work, either blow or they don’t blow.

My 1st thought would be sketchy grounds on the left side. Check each ground, clean them up...and see what happens.

*^^^x100. Almost always poor grounds. Looks like your truck got a SA re-spray? Highly likely they did not use serrated washers on ground to bite into paint to hit metal. I would check all grounds and make sure they are free of paint, rust, and tight!

Last edited:
Thank you everyone! I traced the wiring again and found a plug that wasn’t plugged in. I’m not sure why the lights were sim instead of off, but that solved my problem. I’m still curious if anyone knows what fuse I should put in the blank spot with the missing fuse? Thanks all

Down load a copy of the FSM it will have that information. Search this forum for the down load able copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom