1969 FJ55 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know what you're thinking. I've abandoned my pig. Not at all. I just made the tough decision to go back and redo the areas rust was reshowing. It just wasn't in me to over look it. decided against posting pics of the same stuff being redone. In the process of moving it to my brother in laws shop. The shop isn't built yet, but is in process. He's agreed to help me finish it so i can make my dollars stretch a bit further.

In the meantime, we traded my wifes sequoia leaving me without a way to get to my land, so I made an executive decision to purchase a 1990 HDJ81 to fill that task and to allow me to have a longer sig on these forums. It won't need much in terms of build, but here's my thread if anyone wants to check it out!

My new 1990 HDJ81

The hdj81 is pretty much everything i was trying to get out of the pig, but the pig has more "personality". I have two sons though, so i need at least 3 land cruisers by the time they both hit 16, so plenty of time to finish the pig and figure out what my third will be. The only thing i know so far is that it will be a diesel ;)

Last edited:
And then?

Sadly, not much. I simply lack the skill and time to complete this project so it looks like i'm going to have to put her up for sale. I just have to get a chance to take some pics and then i'll post it. She'll be a good project for someone who has the time to finish her up!

Thanks guys. No ones more disappointed than me. I just bit off more than i could chew. As a consolation, my daily driver is a 1990 HDJ81, so i'm still driving a landcruiser :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom