1967 fj40 master cylinder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for some help with master cylinder replacement on my 67 fj40, it has the very small brake lines and i can not find a size for the fitting that screws into the master cylinder. I want to use an adapter fitting so as to use a master cylinder with 3/16th standard fitting. has anyone done this and could you give me a part # or just what the size is for small brake line fitting.

Fishtacos, the master i have now is for a 1970 fj40, and it uses a 3/8-24. Is the small line fitting a m9x1.0 on my 67?

My understanding is 67 would have been 9mm. You can do a quick search using terms: 67 9mm and a slew of posts should pop up confirming that.

I own a 71 and the fittings are for sure 10mm x 1.0. No cruisers I’ve read about came with 3/8 24. Did someone add a non-cruiser master?

Looking for some help with master cylinder replacement on my 67 fj40, it has the very small brake lines and i can not find a size for the fitting that screws into the master cylinder. I want to use an adapter fitting so as to use a master cylinder with 3/16th standard fitting. has anyone done this and could you give me a part # or just what the size is for small brake line fitting.

why screw around with adaptors? just get the correct master. Kurt can help you out @cruiseroutfit

Looks like 58-7/70 were the 9mm fittings
15C01284-785D-4ACD-A3D4-88A598593AD1.png

My understanding is 67 would have been 9mm. You can do a quick search using terms: 67 9mm and a slew of posts should pop up confirming that.

I own a 71 and the fittings are for sure 10mm x 1.0. No cruisers I’ve read about came with 3/8 24. Did someone add a non-cruiser master?
I had original, but it is badly scored up in the bore so not rebuildable. bought a master for a 70, because everywhere i looked 67 were out of stock. The pic for the 70 master showed the large end cap and i figured i would just swap my 67 end on to the new master, well part showed and it is solid one piece master. cheap fix was just adapt to small line, as i am stuck with master cylinder. I will check out the 10 mm nut size.

thank you all for the help, I may have buy another master cylinder. I will have a new 70 version for sale????

Man-A-Fre has the 9mm master cylinder for our 67's in stock. I just returned one to them since I meant to order a dual system conversion- on it's way. Will require 10 mm fittings on the MC ends of my brake lines... just felt the dual system was a good peace of mind, though I hate not going stock. Bought a stock one from Specter last year, as well and all new 9mm lines... so we're not up the creek yet with this old beast.

I bought a pair of new master cylinders for the early trucks with 9mm fitting a couple of months ago from Toyota. Part #47200-35011

Large end Cap??

Did you get a 70 Clutch master cylinder?
Can you post a picture if it?
No, its for the latter 70 brake master, Like i said earlier is showed the large end cap and was going to do swap like others have done with a clutch master. No such luck, showed up with solid housing drilled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom