1965 Toyota Rally (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here are a couple of pictures from a Toyota Rally I went to in 1965. I thought the ratio of hard top to soft top was interesting.
Sorry about the Kodachrome color shifting.
IMG_0020.jpg
IMG_0016.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!!! Awesome! Look at all those hubcaps!!! And soft tops!!!

That is too cool, a bifold soft top orgy with a few shortys thrown in! More pics! Love it! Where did all those fst's go? Where was this, so cal?

This was in Southern California, north east of the Salton Sea. In the mountains south of I-10 and north of Hwy 111.

I wish I had more pictures. This is the last picture I have of the rally. I remember the drag races really well. (I was only about 12 years old.)

Ken

IMG_0018.jpg

Absolute FANTASTIC stuff, thanks so much or sharing :beer:

I'd love to see any other early cruiser photos you have even if they aren't of this rally.... I just can't get enough of this stuff!!

(I was only about 12 years old.)

Ken[/QUOTE]

Very cool Ken. Guessing some of those top may have been hard tops with a aftermarket. Possible best top? Around this time Toyota was offering their dealers a Husky replacement top which looked different. Since most those cruisers looked to only be a couple of years old. I would think the original canvas would have still been good on soft top models. Any earlier and the door opening would be different on the soft tops. There is the rumor a FJ40 could be sold with no tops. Can't tell if they had tailgate or barn doors in the back.

I was twelve in 65 but instead of driving anything cool my folks drove a four door chevy sedan.:meh:

This was in Southern California, north east of the Salton Sea. In the mountains south of I-10 and north of Hwy 111.

I wish I had more pictures. This is the last picture I have of the rally. I remember the drag races really well. (I was only about 12 years old.)

Ken

you are going to love this.... :)

fw1.jpg
fw2.jpg
fw3.jpg

Last edited:
This is so cool! They even have a map of the route. I wonder what happened to the event sticker that was issued with the registration packet.
I love it!
Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom