Builds 1964-1984 FJ40 - "I got it one piece at a time..." (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished a few heater parts this week as well.
6008DF9C-ADF8-4BCB-AEFF-0853C8D4457B.jpg
IMG_4073.jpg

I don't know if any of you following this build saw the eBay Bottle Jack post I put in the Classifieds a couple of weeks ago, but this guy had posted a Toyota Bottle Jack for sell in an auction and he had several pictures of other stuff like F Motor Manual, complete tool set, etc. , here is the link

Well I ended up taking a chance on it and here is the tool set all cleaned up. Turned out to be pretty nice.
001.jpg
003.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg

How long are you planning on making the links? What % is your upper link going to be? What anti-squat % are you shooting for? Coils, coil-overs? Would love to know what you are planning.

I'd also push the lower links as far out as possible. The more triangulation you can get out of the links, the less stress you will have on your Panhard.

Last edited:
How long are you planning on making the links? What % is your upper link going to be? What anti-squat % are you shooting for? Coils, coil-overs? Would love to know what you are planning.
All of these are questions I have been going over with my suspension guy. He has a lot more experience than I do. He built suspensions for rock crawlers for 20 years, and although it have no intention of doing anything that extreme, I do want a universal package. He is still running calcs and we are talking through the logistics of it all.
Stay tuned...

All of these are questions I have been going over with my suspension guy. He has a lot more experience than I do. He built suspensions for rock crawlers for 20 years, and although it have no intention of doing anything that extreme, I do want a universal package. He is still running calcs and we are talking through the logistics of it all.
Stay tuned...

I'm assuming you are planning on running swaybars then?

I was looking at fully adjustable king coil overs with piggy back reservoirs. 27 to 28 inches long. Approximately 8 inch travel. Still throwing ideas around.

I was looking at fully adjustable king coil overs with piggy back reservoirs. 27 to 28 inches long. Approximately 8 inch travel. Still throwing ideas around.

Get em from Ben @ Filthy Motorsports. Great guy, super knowledgable. You'll have a lot more travel than 8" out of a link system. Is that all you want?

That is what I’m shooting for on the low end

My front 3 link currently has over 16" of travel, my driveshaft gets in the way past that, but it will flex a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom