Builds 1964-1984 FJ40 - "I got it one piece at a time..." (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is a sample of what color combo I am after as well as some color swatches I have been toying with. I am leaning on the top right yellow.
Colors.jpg
Model 019.jpg
Model 020.jpg

If your set on yellow, then definitely go Mustard Yellow 👍🏻
Yep. Gotta be yellow. I have wanted one of these since I was 18 (almost 48 now) and the first one I ever saw was yellow. Fast forward 30 years, I will finally get my FJ40 and I gotta go with the color that first caught my eye. I think the combination will be nice, although I have seen some others here on MUD that definitely make me think about other colors. I really liked the color of the 40 that @thecrazygreek sold on BaT. Here is a pic of that one.
1978_toyota.jpg

Finally got all of the parts blasted and primed. Needless to say the tub is less than good. On the other hand the front doors, ambulance doors, hardtop sides and hard top are in amazing condition. Almost like NOS. Hard to tell from the pic, but if anyone has a good tub laying around let me know. Fenders could be replaced as well, but those are not terrible.
IMG_4473.jpg

How about some pix of what's a problem on the tub and fenders,. Amazing what a couple of hours with a mig, map torch and a shrinking disc can do..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom