- Vehicle Model
- 40 Series
- Massachusetts, United States
Back on the Market. Pig and an FJ45 SWB inbound, something has to give. Price reduced, $14,500
1961 (first year import) Factory Hard Top FJ40. Almost Freeborn Red (see below).
- Arizona truck resurrected by @JackA and documented in The Rattle Can Rebuild thread. Extensive documentation and pics there of the original condition of the truck and Jack's work to bring it back. As the name suggests, yes it is Rustoleum Regal red painted.
- I picked up the truck from Jack last spring. I had it shipped to Virginia for a few months where @matzell did some good work on it to bring it to the finish line. I retired from the Navy in July, and the truck was shipped north to Maine for the summer and then down here to New Hampshire where it sits in my garage. Lots of description of the additional work done as well as a lot of pics of the truck in various places around Acadia national park. The Little Red Lobster
Why sell? - Simple, I found my long desired FJ45. Completely done. For now, there can be only one so this truck and my 67 patina rig go.
- 1961 FJ40 - First year, under 300 imported by my Mud research
- Factory Hard top model. I do not have a hard top
- Besttop soft top is included. Grey, great condition, split soft doors. Just ugly
- 1985 2F motor. New water pump, alternator rebuild, FJ60 distributor, full reseal, new oil pan. Belts, hoses, etc. 150+ on compression testing, good motor.
- Motor is dressed as an F - Air cleaner, carb, intake, exhaust. Old style thermostat housing. Old style oil filter bracket without cooler. Simple.
- Complete new exhaust from downpipe back
- Just rebuilt 1972 F carb by @65swb45 (July 2020)
- 3 speed with floor shift. New clutch, pressure plate, flywheel resurfaced. New cylinders MC and slave by Jack.. Resealed.
- 3 speed t-case with floor shift. Resealed.
- Original axles (centered rear)
- Later model 3 speed driveshafts with new U-joints
- New brake cylinders and shoes all around
- New brake MC. Soft lines
- Knuckle job by JackA before I got it
- New shocks
-new suspension bushings
- 5 new Maxxis Bighorn 30x9.5 MTs with ~400 miles
- OEM welded/disc toyota wheels.
- She was called the rattle can rebuild, and is a 10 footer. A good 10 footer, but not perfect. Like the middle aged former cheerleader who's taken care of herself, really fun to ride but if you get too close she isn't quite what she once was. There are a couple of tiny bubbles on the rear sill. A few runs here and there, etc. She's a driver.
- Windshield wipers not wired. I have the harness for that. I've been lazy, and she only sees sunny days.
- Horn doesn't work. Contact in the button missing, unobtainium or nearly so.
- Besttop included. Ugly, intact, works.
Posting before I change my mind (again)