When you don't have anyone to help you move the frame outside but you have office chairs!
It was too windy to paint outside and I didn't want the overspray in my main shop so I moved all my junk out of the shed and painted the frame in there.
Would Love to Buddy . I appreciate the invite . 10 years ago I would have already hopped in a and headed that way. If I came out now I would just be shop #2 .
About 50 years ago, the first vehicle I owned was a '59 half ton stepside Chevy pickup with a 235 six cylinder and 4 speed (w/granny low). It used to be a forest service truck that was green & white.
This photo is pretty close to what it looked like when I sold it to a friend:
Except I did not have chrome trim, nor whitewalls. I had swapped out the stepside for a Fleetside bed, and the paint job I applied to it (also black) was not as nice as in the photo.
I put an Offenhauser triple single barrel intake on it and a Clifford header. As shown, it did not have the panoramic window like that of the OP.
If I had it to do over again, I would put some kind of 4x4 setup under it. Maybe a Dodge chassis with a Cummins. Or just leave it stock.
This was a known good engine...
Cylinder walls looked great as did all the bearings and crankshaft, I installed a new cam lifters valve springs and lap the valves, new oil pump, timing chain and put it all back together..
Painting the last of the billet accessory drive parts now..