Caught the flu and that turned into pneumonia, while I was flat on my back trying to recover a water filter broke in the garage and flooded the house buckling the hardwood floor. Hoping to get back out in the shop next week….
Thank you Michael B, yes I'm starting to feel better and starting to make some headway on some of the projects around here.
Parts are starting to trickle in for this pickup and I hope to be able to post some updates soon.
Messing around with some junk I had leftover on the shelf from the 53 Bel Air project...
Everything is just tacked for now to see if I can keep the geometry through the range of motion, once I'm convinced it'll work I will finish cutting out the original crossmember and box everything in...
The power rack is a Speedway unit, I need to stay on some sort of budget with this pickup.
Yes the yellow paint was peeling off when I went to look at it the first time and I had a feeling something cool might be hiding underneath, it's mostly cool but they got busy with a grinder on the bed so we'll see what I can do to make it look like something when I get to that part. Ride height will be rockers 5" up, and rockers touching the ground when parked.
Lots of measurements to tuck a 28" tall 10" wide tire and still be drivable.
Thank you sir I'm happy you are following along. I'm terrible at picture taking and word typing but I try to post my shop shenanigans for my long distance friend @bobm
Had to make a few adjustments to get my caster and camber numbers correct before I weld everything in permanent, it's good to go now so I'm going to start boxing in the frame.