This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

Noob question here but is there a way I could tell from a picture or vin if my hilux surf is 12v or 24v? its got 2 batteries but I don't know what it is yet, I'm going to pick it up on the 24th and haven't seen it but want to know which voltage it is before getting there if possible. I'll post the vin here and I will add a picture of the engine bay shortly.
VIN# KZN185-9021582
It does have the 1KZ-TE motor in it if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance,
Collin

If the batteries are connected in series it's 24v, if they're connected in parallel, then it's 12v.

How would I be able to tell? Like which posts would be connected for 12v? Because I think in my picture of the engine bay it appears as if the positives are connected, would that make sense?

Series: One of the positive terminals is connected to one of the negative terminals. The other negative terminal is connected to ground with the other positive terminal is hot.

+ 12v - + 12v - = + 24v -

Parallel: The positive terminals are connected to each other. The negative terminals are connected to each other and both are grounded at the same time.

+ 12v - - 12v + = + 12v -

Here's a picture using 6v batteries:

image.jpeg

Tha
Series: One of the positive terminals is connected to one of the negative terminals. The other negative terminal is connected to ground with the other positive terminal is hot.

+ 12v - + 12v - = + 24v -

Parallel: The positive terminals are connected to each other. The negative terminals are connected to each other and both are grounded at the same time.

+ 12v - - 12v + = + 12v -

Here's a picture using 6v batteries:

View attachment 1309230
thanks!

Hi Collin

12V as others have already confirmed..

Hilux_NEW.jpg

Edit: In the image above I accidentally cut off the part that says this particular Hilux is a September 1997 build date.

Last edited:
I edited in your build-date to that post :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom