Yiu guys that cut and weld everything ever explore a "Tubular" chassis (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Patineto

"Clueless" fourwheel rabbit
Threads
Website
patineto.smugmug.com
Like a TATRA Dakar truck..

They are freaking brilliant..
IMG_0469-M.jpg

The concept is that the "PIpe" twist to provide part of the suspension..
IMG_0472-L.jpg

Very compact too..
IMG_0470-M.jpg

IMG_0481-L.jpg

About ten years ago I got really lucky and hot to visit their R&D shop, man this Russians are freaking insane, they where testings a dual turbo pro (EX Helicopter Turbines) set up for the Dakar and they where taking about 170-180miles per hour, but never happen) really tough people but also very resourceful..

Missile carrier chassis..
IMG_0454-S.jpg

Note: the pinzgauer Use a similar set up, but less evolved..

Nobody....??

I marvel at the incredible concept of calculating the rotation of a Tube to provide a percentage of the suspension articulation (The race truck "Tubes" Get tuned with Tapers and changes in wall thickness on a massive latte) not to mention the ability to change engines in a very short time, Very modular design, that also provide good ground clearance..

Yeah, because that is soooo much easier then building some upper/lower links or flipping some leaf springs around...

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah – I think it's a little bit more than just cutting and welding tube involved in making one of these things… Pretty cool stuff!

P

It reminds me of my old ford tractor with the drive line inside the roundish frame.

That looks light..

Yeah – I think it's a little bit more than just cutting and welding tube involved in making one of these things… Pretty cool stuff!

P
I'm just trying to share innovative solutions and off the wall ideas.

just imagine a 10" carbon fiber pipe replacing the heavy metal pipe, all wound to respond to torsional loads but absolutely rigid fore and aft..

Hey it will cost millions but it can happen..

Take a look at the last few minutes of "Mad Max - Fury Road". Watch for the truck to flip and you'll see the one during the big crash scene when they block off the canyon by wrecking the truck at the choke point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom