Yet anothr 35s tire question thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow not much snow at Mammoth this year. As far as tech goes if 285s are working for the kind of wheeling you do, why go up in size?

Why ask why?

Why not is the answer, hell even I am going 35 and I wheel even less than mr. overkill here hahaha

Wow not much snow at Mammoth this year. As far as tech goes if 285s are working for the kind of wheeling you do, why go up in size?

Yeah Mammoth kinda dismal right now.

Yes 285s could work but they look stupid under the truck. I do heavier wheeling when I'm with other people. I don't like to break things when I'm wheeling by myself. It's just generally miserable.

Why ask why?

Why not is the answer, hell even I am going 35 and I wheel even less than mr. overkill here hahaha

Tire envy, we all succumb eventually.;)
Even I will will probably end up with 315s for my next set, even though I know d**n well I don't need them.

Tire envy, we all succumb eventually.;) Even I will will probably end up with 315s for my next set, even though I know d**n well I don't need them.

Amen to that, we all here because we want not really need. And tire envy had me drooling over 315s since I logged into mud the first time. Hahaha

Anyhow I couldn't pass up a deal in the classified so I will soon be on 315 falken Rocky Mountain. Really heavy tire so I hope it won't kill my performance too much.

Read some good and bad reviews on them so fingers crossed. Part of getting them is that I finally acknowledge to myself that I need a good street tire that's descent off-road instead of a good off-road tire that's descent on the road. Given the toughness is these falkens I hope my compromise will work well for me.

Good luck and pass on the results.:cheers:

Amen to that, we all here because we want not really need. And tire envy had me drooling over 315s since I logged into mud the first time. Hahaha

Anyhow I couldn't pass up a deal in the classified so I will soon be on 315 falken Rocky Mountain. Really heavy tire so I hope it won't kill my performance too much.

Read some good and bad reviews on them so fingers crossed. Part of getting them is that I finally acknowledge to myself that I need a good street tire that's descent off-road instead of a good off-road tire that's descent on the road. Given the toughness is these falkens I hope my compromise will work well for me.

I have the RM ATS. I love them great in the snow that we have been having in DE & PA.

I will not notice the weight. I drive with the PWR button on. On the highway I get 14-15mpg round town w practice you will get 10mpg.

I do not regret going 315s...
:cheers:

I have the RM ATS. I love them great in the snow that we have been having in DE & PA.

I will not notice the weight. I drive with the PWR button on. On the highway I get 14-15mpg round town w practice you will get 10mpg.

I do not regret going 315s...
:cheers:

Thanks, can't wait!:bounce::bounce2:

I've got the falken rocky mtn ats. Love it, and for the price you can't beat them. $177 a tire is what I got on discount tire. Got about 5k on them and they're great

Mickey Thompson ATZ 315's here. Will only stay at this size or go bigger!

See you guys are the reasons for this never ending madness! I am already lining up my projects, lunch box locker, sliders, winch, dual or big battery, snorkel...........and I haven't even gone wheeling since last summer. I really shouldn't be looking at mud anymore.

Last edited:
^^^^I agree.. Mud is a bad influence for sure. Before mud I would build 4runners and never cared about half the things I do now. Mostly because I read it on mud. But it's too late. I am addicted.

In turn, the knowlege put together on this site has saved me a lot of $ and time;;;.....Priceless..

Got the tires quicker than expected, loaded in the cruiser and ready to switch to new shoes tomorrow! Btw these falkens really do smell bad.

image-2795174734.jpg

New shoes on! First impression is good so far. Yes there is a noticeable lost if pep but wasn't huge and I drive slow anyways so I don't mind it. Braking does take more effort, need to press the brake pedal harder than before but not bad also. What I do love is the rubber OD, at 65 I'm at under 2100rpm. The ride is good and smooth.

So far pretty happy with them. If it is my DD with lots if hills or high altitude then yeah might not like them.

image-156656541.jpg

image-570077775.jpg

image-1045003557.jpg

image-3286077021.jpg

Thanks guys, Hopefully I will report back in a week and half. Can't wait for the new shoes but a bit nervous about the extra 20lbs per tire of extra rotational weight. Wish me luck!

I wouldn't sweat over that - we went from 285 Michelins to 35" mud tires on the 80 and noticed hardly a difference, except for sound

If you haven't done it already, use the power button. It alters the shift pattern and seems to work well w/35s.

Happened that I had to drive 100 miles which equals to 110 miles today. Getting up to speed there is a noticeable difference but not huge. Braking takes more effort and that is probably the most noticeable impact I could feel. I have no weight normally and at sea level so yeah the performance difference isn't bad at all. I eve can maintain 60 or more mph on a 7% grade but if I slow down then it is definitely harder to regain speed on the hill.

What I really liked as the rubber OD not only kept my rpm low at highway speed but it feels like the cruiser can keep up with traffic much better. I fact I feel more confident around 65-75mph.

Overall quite happy with the decision to go to 35s!

Qball, keep in mind that 60 is actually ~65 mph.. If you don't have 100 pads, i would suggest getting them..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom