Yard Find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Pete it is called Judson Green, Colour Code 632. I believe that it is the original colour for this year vehicle from my research. Put the body onto the chassis as well and now just have to line up the body mounts and bolt the body down. A job for tomorrow.
IMG_1845.JPG

Well the fun really begins now. Got a large box of spaghetti to try and sort out thanks to Blue Wire Motor Sports.
Wiring Harness.JPG

Hay Ken you will be driving her next week.
Well looking a the box of wires may be the week after next.
That wiring stuff is time consuming and don't I know it.
Just looking at your photos again and that green is the right choice. Reds and Blues would just not seem right.
Keep them photos coming.
Cheers Peter .

...via IH8MUD app

Thanks Pete. Got the body bolted down to the chassis this morning. What I need to do now is work out how to go about the wiring and where to start :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Hi Ken
If you need some of the black split cable flex let me know and I will send you some.
I had to buy 100 meters of 3 sizes so I have plenty left over.
We're to start .
A wire diagram and a large piece of card board to make a map is one way.
Also cable marking of some kind is always good both for now and tomorrow. So when you are scratching your head saying we're does this cable go you have a fighting chance of tracing it.
Other good things to have are the correct terminal setting tool , a multi meter and a 12 volt test light will all come in handy.
Carry on the good work.
Cheers Peter

...via IH8MUD app

Pete thanks for the offer of the split cable how much are you chasing for it as I will need a bit.

When I bought the wiring harness it came with a full schematic diagram to do up the wiring which is also colour coded. I have a test light and can get hold of a multi meter along with crimping tools so I should be all good there.

I have started to take the glass out of the last of panels so that they can be sanded and painted. Its actually looking like I am starting to get somewhere now that the body is painted and sitting back on the chassis.

I am looking at taking a few of the parts down to Cairns and have them re chromed before I put her back together just to finish her off properly. I have where possible tried to use all the original parts and just cleaned them up so that she is as close as possible to original.

I will post some more pics when I can.

Looks like work will get in the way again as I finish leave on Saturday.

Hi Ken
No need to pay just donated to a good cause .
Send me an address on private chat and I will box up and send what I have leftover.
It's a bugger work getting in the way of a good project.
Cheers

...via IH8MUD app

Thanks mate I appreciate it. I have sent a PM with my address.

Ken

Pulled out all the glass from the tub sides, windscreen, tailgate and doors today. I was quite surprised to find only a couple of bits of rust which need repairing. Now to start sanding some more panels. Will post some pics tomorrow.

Pete - Where did you source all your door and window rubbers from when you did your rebuild.

As promised here is the rust in the body panels. Not really much when you consider how old this girl is and that she has spent the last 20 or so years living in Cooktown. Started to cut some of it out today and making up fresh steel to go back in. Welder has s*** itself so a mate is lending me his. Job for tomorrow to start welding.
IMG_1855.JPG

IMG_1856.JPG
IMG_1857.JPG
IMG_1856.JPG
IMG_1857.JPG
IMG_1858.JPG
IMG_1859.JPG

Note to self when welding panels put the visor down on your mask before pulling the trigger.

Ken looking good,with the rubbers etc I got all my bits n pieces from cool cruisers in Texas,they had every rubber and I didn't have a problem with them,they may have been a little bit more on some things but they had the lot,I bought all Toyota genuine, I think you can get door rubber from Toyota still as a mate got his from Toyota only 6 months ago,they might be worth checking to see what they do have,btw nice kelpie you got

Aussie40 do you remember what it cost for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom