What once was shall be no more (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you need a hand just shout, I have some time off for the holidays and can swing by.

The dual cases are assembled and going in my truck sometime around the new year and it needs a bumper/exo/tube bed too so I'm sensing a tube party at Tony's soon?

I did that with mine and it was a handful trying to keep it balanced while moving it. If you have someone there to help it won't be a problem. I did mine alone and it sucked.

Yeah, you need to bring that over for the install. I did mine alone & it did bring the suck, like Bill says.
I ordered my sliders today from LROR, 150.00 to my door.
But the rest of the bumpers & stuff will be built at the tube bending party at my house. Taking place some time after I get the body on the 4runner frame but before PYS! That should narrow it down.

If you need a hand just shout, I have some time off for the holidays and can swing by.

The dual cases are assembled and going in my truck sometime around the new year and it needs a bumper/exo/tube bed too so I'm sensing a tube party at Tony's soon?

Wait didnt you just build duals and you are already rebuilding them?

Its always a tube party where ever Tony is!

Well I'm in the market for a new garage heater. The damn one I had is still not right, so it pissed me off and I destroyed it. Seemed like a good idea at the time & I still feel satisfied!

Wait didnt you just build duals and you are already rebuilding them?

Its always a tube party where ever Tony is!

I never got them under the truck this summer, I was using a bolt that was a hair too long making everything bind up when put together. Combined with doing it all in the parking lot of my apartment complex made me just put it back to stock till I got a garage now.

Speaking of, I may have to invest in a heater like Gum has now..I really didn't know what would work best to keep the fumes down

I picked up a 120,000 BTU salamander today for 150.00.
Thank you Lowes discount. I can wrench in warmth now!

I never got them under the truck this summer, I was using a bolt that was a hair too long making everything bind up when put together. Combined with doing it all in the parking lot of my apartment complex made me just put it back to stock till I got a garage now.

Speaking of, I may have to invest in a heater like Gum has now..I really didn't know what would work best to keep the fumes down

Ahh i thought it was in at that last badlands trip. I am going to snag one of those heaters as well!

Thanks to my new heater, I did spend some time on the project. 4runner is bout ready to have the engine pulled & all the body mounts are ready except those 2 under the rear seat that I need help with.
I'm off from the 3rd to the 9th if anyone is gonna be in my neighborhood & wants to come by & offer a hand.
If not, I do have Johns Plasma Cutter still in my shop, I'm sure I can get it with that!
Next will be to awesomize the frame for the 92 mini body!

Might could possibly do 3-4 if you're not going to the badlands on the weekend.

OK. Will have to confirm the day @ the Badlands.
Spent some time out there today & I believe all but a bolt or 2 or 3 is what's stopping me from pulling the body off the 4runner frame. If you came by for a day I'm sure much progress can be made.
How much body lift do you have on Alice? And do you use bushing with a lift? Seems like you would or the vibrations would be crazy bad.

Alice has a 3" body lift made of 2"x3" rectangular tubing. There are 2 bolts per block, factory bolt through the factory bushing on the bottom and solid mount to the factory cab hole. No bad vibrations due to the factory bushings and they never swayed or shifted.

I'll check tomorrow if I have any scraps left over.

Right on, gonna do a body lift of some sort on the Mini truck to 4runner frame, just not sure how much.
Also I am planning to work on the truck the weekend of January 3 & 4. Conner stated he wanted to come wrench also that weekend so I'm down for all the help. I am still limited on right arm usage and really need the assist. So if you can make it, Billiam, and whoever else, its on!
I've test run the new heater & it'll really heat the place up!

We will be there.

I do not have any 2x3 left.

Right on. Plenty to do. Need to get 4runner body off. Mini cab & bed off. Repairs & prep of the frame. Body repairs (minor) on the cab. Switch engines. Still have leftover items from our previous tech day.
Plenty to do!

Dang!!

Bill & Vicky & Stanley came over.
Conner came over.
Together we kicked some muthafxxxin ass on the project.
4runner body off, cut up, gone!
Mini cab & bed off, drive train out, frame cut up, gone!
Awesome time & great help, you guys rock!

Pics will post soon!

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom