What once was shall be no more (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, and when need be I can simply use initials.

You could use you're full name, including middle name, add a nice lengthy greeting & a congratulatory ending salutation on my junk.

Just sayin.

Frame repairs complete! All non-necessary mounts, brackets & excess junk cut off. Ready to prep & paint the frame & put that cab on!

Cool Tony. I got the new pole barn done. But now I am waiting for the electric company to come and run the electric to the thing. and waiting. and waiting. Hopefully I can get some work done on the 40 soon after they get me hooked up.

Sweet Mark!
Just run an extension cord with a splitter on the end & you're good.

Thats what I have been doing, powering the lights so I can keep working on more wiring. See great minds think alike.

Found some more frame repairs that needed done & knocked them out. Relocated the rear cab mount perches. Cleaned the frame & coated it in rust encapsulator , all ready for paint. Then I realized I need to re-do the front cab mount perches, but that's no biggie.

Cross member modifications made. Front drive shaft made & installed. Frame painted. All engine repairs & maintenance completed. So its ready to go in. Time now for the minor rust repairs on the cab & it'll be cab install time!

Did you make a new, more aft x member, or notch the hell out of the original?

3rd option. I'll post up a pic or 2 later. I took a 1/4" thick piece of 4" square tube, cut it in half on a diagonal & used it to fill in where I cut out. Back of xmember still same thickness, front side cut down to the bottom then insert the piece.
That all makes sense right?!?!

Makes sense to me.

Thanks Mark, but it no longer matters cause I decided I didnt trust it and went all crazy & bought the Front Range Off Road t-case mount that bolts on the rear of the 2nd case. Got the skid plate also. Gonna paint it orange. Its gonna be so badass, I can't stand it!

But here are the pics anyway
image.jpg
image.jpg

Also if anyone has or knows the where about of some stock 4:88 Toyota 3rds lemme know. I have found several within driving distance, but I have a little time to shop around so I'm just putting out the feelers.

I looked on car-part.com and didn't see much that put me in position to help... There are 2 at the same yard in ludington mi, and 3 at the same yard in Columbus in. And don't rule out shipping, if you find em cheap (far away) it might still be cheaper.

Though the ones in ludington and Columbus aren't tooooo pricey... If you show them a little fore skin I bet you can get both axles for under 400....

That looks awesome, nicely done. I can put in a call to a guy I know over in StL to see if he has any 4.88's.

The ones in Columbus are the ones I was referring to. He said if I came in with cash we could discuss price but wouldn't haggle price over the phone.
Sounds like Conner & l may be taking a road trip in the near future.
With the weight from all the tubing I plan to add the regear will be a must.
Then I'll have a locked 4:10 3rd to rid myself of.

If it saves you money to get all three, I'll buy the third one off of you.

If you buy the third third, I could buy a second fifth for my fifth seventh PYS adventure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom