What once was shall be no more (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What gets me is that Tony has gotten more done on his new truck in a few weeks with one arm than I have been able to do to mine in the last 3 months. You rock Tony,

Yeah, 92 is pre taco, but this guy had the body & frame undercoated and as water & salt found its way into the frame it couldn't get out and rotted way faster & worse than without it. Mini trucks had rust issues with frames but this one is way worse than any I've ever seen. If I remove the bed it will totally collapse in the middle.

Sorry Mark, not trying to make you look bad, I'll ease up.

What gets me is that Tony has gotten more done on his new truck in a few weeks with one arm than I have been able to do to mine in the last 3 months. You rock Tony,

Yea no s***! I have had an fj-80 axle, freshly rebuilt along with all the brackets and parts to install it sitting in my garage since August....

Last edited:
Isn't it obvious I have no life other than work & wheelin.

Now if I could just find a way to do away with the work portion...

werd

That truly would rock, now if I only knew something I could consult about.
Hmmmmm
Masturbation?
Cats?
Tattoos?
Masturbating tattooed cats?
That sounds like a cool band name!
That's it , I could consult about cool band names.
Problem solved, I'll start tomorrow!

Yea no ****! I have had an fj-80 axle, freshly rebuilt along with all the brackets and parts to install it sitting in my garage since August....

If it's not going to make it's way under the Taco I'm interested.

While still early in the project, I do need sliders & bumpers for the finished product. If anyone knows of any let me know. Otherwise I shall mooch a bender off John & get some tube & make stuff. So much cheaper than buying & more fun.

All I got accomplished this weekend is a trick mounting of the CB in the stock ashtray location & installing a new stereo & speakers. Took a few things off the 4runner.
Should have my heater back by this weekend for the garage!

Got my heater for the garage back !! Yay!
My shoulder is doing great according to the Doctor, sling is gone & mobility is improving still no lifting but I have a hand to use now. Progress on the project shall now start increasing.

Glad to hear the heaters back, now if it will just stay working.

Gotta feel good to get some use out of the arm now.:clap:

If it's not going to make it's way under the Taco I'm interested.

It's going under there still. I just need to motivate myself to do it. What i want to do is put the taco under the knife, yank the trans rebuild that, do an SAS and swap this rear axle in. However i need to figure out how to haul my fatass around while its under the knife for a few weeks (translation 6months- 1yr).

If anyone is interested in an e-locked taco rear when i pull it, ill sell it to you for the cost of a spartan locker for a toyota 9.5" diff (3-400 depending on the sales on rockauto).

I really need to get a heater in the garage!!

It's going under there still. I just need to motivate myself to do it. What i want to do is put the taco under the knife, yank the trans rebuild that, do an SAS and swap this rear axle in. However i need to figure out how to haul my fatass around while its under the knife for a few weeks (translation 6months- 1yr).

If anyone is interested in an e-locked taco rear when i pull it, ill sell it to you for the cost of a spartan locker for a toyota 9.5" diff (3-400 depending on the sales on rockauto).

I really need to get a heater in the garage!!

Six months to a year? Are you mining the iron ore?

Six months to a year? Are you mining the iron ore?

That's my project pace!! I believe you were there for a portion of my "weekend" crawl box rebuild and lefty build..... that took a month!!

s*** my leaking rear seal, bearing repair, and brake job resulted in me buying an 80 axle that's still sitting on my garage floor, rear brakes still dont work....

Last edited:
That's a great deal on the heater Gum. If mine fails to work again I may go there even though it's small it'll be better than nothing.
I gotta catch up with Billiam & the Turbo! He has body off the frame & I gotta do that twice!
I still plan to have a 92 mini to wheel at PYS! finished & shaken down by June!

HELP!!!!!!

You are planning on leaving the 92 cab pretty much complete, correct? What are your thoughts on getting the cab transferred? I have some steel tube saw horses that would support the cab to be able to roll the chassis' under it. You would have to supply two 8' 2x8's to make that work.

I am leaving the cab completely in tact. Was just gonna pick it up with my engine hoist & set it on. Never tried that but in theory, it will work.
Gonna work on it tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom