What once was shall be no more (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Conner, but I stapled some plastic & caulked the edges to keep the elements out for now, found some wall & stud damage as well...sucks!

Did get quite a bit done on the mini. Doors off, fenders off, seat out, carpet out, that kind of stuff, found some left front damage from an accident but nothing I'm concerned about.
I am however on the horns of a delima. The bed could be shortened about 12" but I'm not so sure I wanna do that. Suppose I could go full bed at first & then decide if I wanna bob it. Your thoughts?
Also my goofy rear shock set up would require cutting a slot all the way across the bed & I don't really wanna do that either. Shock relocation thoughts anyone? Would have to go 6" body lift to clear it & that ain't happening.

Thanks Gum, but I really wanna keep the bed for now!

Hey Tony...if you need help with anything, let me know. I'm still traveling back and forth, so im here during the week... Free nearly every weekday evening.

What is left of the 4runner (body/interior)? I'm putting together another 1st gen- looking for a few odds and ends. Last I saw it, it was behind naperville h.s. on its way to you.

Ford towers with holes cut 6"s too big in every direction through the bed.

Was thinking about the Ford towers. Then making removable covers for the holes. Or doing the "lay the shocks over" thing where the tops are at the center of the truck but that doesn't work very well. Dunno yet.

As far as what's left of the 4runner, not much !
Lemme know what ya need but the body is trashed from end to end & side to side. There is no interior, except for the gauge cluster & steering column covers. Oh, and those plastic race seats, but I'm keeping those.

If the cluster has the oil pressure and amp meter (SR5) I'd be interested. Was the interior grey? If so I'll take the pod as well.

Interior was grey.
What pod?
Is a full gauge cluster with Tach, Speedo, fuel, oil psi, amp & temp gauges.
The oil psi gauge was not registering when I bought it, dunno if it was the sender or the gauge. I just bypassed it with an aftermarket manual gauge

By pod just meant the grey part around the cluster. If you are interested in selling the cluster and the grey plastic bits near it, I'm interested in buying them.

Sure. Cluster is alone. Nothing around it. Grey plastic is steering column covers. I'll get pics.

image.jpg
here is the damage to the left front, see the 2 wrinkles?

image.jpg
and the crease just over the wire harness. Fender fit fine and its same height as right side. Not concerned!

image.jpg
inside is very nice & clean

image.jpg
image.jpg
getting it ready!

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't mean to post the bed shot twice, Gum, can you remove the extra pic?

Aww thanks, Gum, you rock!

hard to believe the frame is trashed with rust when the body is so nice. is that typical of a taco frame?

Thats not a taco, but to answer your question ALL taco frames rust like that. Dana mfg cannot rust coat a frame to save their life, there's actually a frame replacement recall on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom