What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (37 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes - pretty tough to get them completely snug, much less to the spec 50 ft lbs

I am investing in a right angle torque wrench to help with this before I crawl back under to help with adjusting/leveling... And securing brake lines.

The zinc coating is so thick that I cannot hand thread any of the nuts - when I use a tool it grinds the zinc out of the threads.

Spoke to Wade this AM he's looking into it.

The zinc coating is so thick that I cannot hand thread any of the nuts - when I use a tool it grinds the zinc out of the threads. Spoke to Wade this AM he's looking into it.

I don't think this was my issue - or at least I didn't notice it. I was able to hand tighten I til they were close to snug. The rest was a pain...

I got about 2/3 of them on to 50ft lbs, but gave up on the rest since I need to fine tune it anyways.

Installed a surprisingly beefy 30" LED light bar. Rudolf no longer needed to guide this sleigh!

giantlightbar.jpg

Fuel filter

I got tired of seeing a new toyota fuel filter sitting on the shelf in the garage so after 6 months I finally swapped old for the new. I am happy now:) as is the old 100.
122,000 miles and overdue
When I get time I will cut open the old filter and see what I probably don't want to see. I will post pics.

Attention all cruiser heads merry Christmas

:beer:

Spent close to $3000 on a 90k service.:frown:

A lot of money, but they did a lot of work. Timing belt, waterpump, thermostat etc.. I also had the cracked drivers side exhaust manifold replaced. On top of that all regular service items like filters, oil etc.. and some good undercoating for the winter months.

She ready for another 90k. Love hurts but I think it's worth it. It's a fabulous machine and the service transformed it into an even better one.

I wish I could have done more myself but with the outside temps close to -18F: I don't think so. I had a tire sensor warning light n today, which I know is the spare, so I decided to put some air in. It was it impossible to lower the tire because the rear was frozen solid. So I had to fiddle under the LX to add the air and almost froze my fingers off. All good now.

The only thing I am still figuring out is that these cold temps causes a annoying noise under the dash, like a spinning fan sound. It goes away as soon as things heat up.

Changed the fuel filter on my '05 at 141k miles. Only took 10 minutes and one beer.

Painted side trim and added new BIO sliders

Painted the side trim with duplicolor. Didn't know the Toyota color so I used Mazda color that matched pretty well. Also added BIO sliders. These are Mike's new ones with double hoops and his logo in the middle.

Landcruiser 029.jpg

Landcruiser 030.jpg

Changed out the rubber on the front and rear sway bars. Pulled the front prop shaft and cleaned and lubed it up while the sway bar was out of the way.

This took a whole day and six beers. :p

Installed my drivers side tire carrier for my ARB rear bumper. I didn't wire up the reversing light kit or the license plate mount yet. I will get to those tomorrow when done wheeling.

ForumRunner_20131227_165809.jpg

ForumRunner_20131227_165825.jpg

ForumRunner_20131227_165846.jpg

ForumRunner_20131227_165809.jpg

ForumRunner_20131227_165825.jpg

ForumRunner_20131227_165846.jpg

What are we looking at?

What are we looking at?

USA Spec BT-35. Automatic BT connectivity from iPhone. Steering wheel controls still work. Shows up as MD changer. PnP.

USA Spec BT-35. Automatic BT connectivity from iPhone. Steering wheel controls still work. Shows up as MD changer. PnP.

I'm assuming this was for your '04 LX? I wonder if this would work on a '02 with NAV if I were to ditch the CD changer?

Made pvc pet barrier

Sent from my SPH-D710

uploadfromtaptalk1388240670306.jpg

I'm assuming this was for your '04 LX? I wonder if this would work on a '02 with NAV if I were to ditch the CD changer?

The chart says they do, just requires an adapter cable.

It's really a great solution. Completely passive. If the device is in the vehicle it is connected. You don't have titles on the screen, but I keep the iPhone up on a RAM mount anyway.

New front wipers
New rear brake pads
New power steering lines, clamps and fluid

Oil change tomorrow

Was getting some rubbing with my MetalTech sliders... Wasn't enough room to clear the body so I decided to pound it in some... No more rattle!

Also installed pfran LED's ... What an improvement! I used the red optional map light on the passenger side for the :princess: when I'm driving, and white on my side.

image-426346679.jpg

With the spare I was able to use both leftover white bulbs to upgrade the license plate. Bulb fits, so I went with it!

image-460056828.jpg

Below is a pic of her all lit up... Including my LED strip on the hatch... They are a perfect match.

image-2894356646.jpg

Lastly, made room for this little gadget. 12v lithium ion right angle impact driver. From my research, it has the most torque at 700inlbs. Thing is awesome... Hurry up and get out to Sears before they are out of business!

image-2881277602.jpg

image-426346679.jpg

image-460056828.jpg

image-2894356646.jpg

image-2881277602.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom