What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (79 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have gotten mid 16's on all highway driving cruise set about 65, I can see picking up a mpg and drive a little slower and you could maybe get 18.

Got off the freeway today and scangage said I got 16mpg without correction for 35s so I could say I got 17mpg on mostly high way driving.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1409543036.203558.jpg

sounds like a lot of people need to fix up there cruisers? i'm consistently in the 15.5-16.5 range. and i'm fully loaded at all times, rtt and all.

The biggest things with these trucks is type of driving. Short trips will kill your mileage, because until you're up to operating temp you're running open loop. But yes if your warmed up, and on the highway 16mpg is where you should be for the most part, barring any huge changes in gearing etc

13 mpg in Texas and 16 and 17 while in Colorado. ...33 inch tires and stock gears.

You were probably buying gas with less ethanol in it in Colorado. High ethanol content makes your vehicle hard to start when the temps get cold so in cold climate areas they taper the Ethanol content in places like Texas at least San Antonio, they push as much as they can. You can not even find a gas station within 120 miles of San Antonio that doesn't use Ethanol in their gas.

Last edited:
Squeezed through a couple tight spots.

IMG_4036.JPG

IMG_4061.JPG

The last obstacle of the day was on the Buck Rock Trail, affectionately named Toyota Alley. I don't have any pictures of myself there, except at the end when I pulled my buddy in his 4Runner up the last section.

IMG_4078.JPG

IMG_4084.JPG

IMG_4085.JPG

Wrestled with and removed my top cat cover to try to get rid of the rattling. It was partially effective. I'm guessing the remaining rattles are within the cat baffles, etc. Rest of the mounting points look good on the exhaust. Also, spruced up my center caps.

Getting ready to slap a Diehard 31m in. Step 1: upgraded starter (2 gauge) and battery-to-ground (4 gauge). Feel like I should put a new brush in the alternator since I already have the tray out but probably won't since I don't have it on hand and am thinking about doing the Tundra alternator anyhow.

1409612291760.jpg

^^ I have a similar setup for the rear work light on my truck. Really handy for getting into a tent or setting up a fire and then switching the light off.

I like how you mounted your shovel and the other thing. Very efficient placing while still having full use of the ladder. What kind of mounts are they?

Getting ready to slap a Diehard 31m in. Step 1: upgraded starter (2 gauge) and battery-to-ground (4 gauge). Feel like I should put a new brush in the alternator since I already have the tray out but probably won't since I don't have it on hand and am thinking about doing the Tundra alternator anyhow.

Step two is trim a couple of the little fins from the battery so that it fits in the tray :p

Are those 62 headlamps? They look sharp on there, love 'em!

Nope standard on Non Sahara models. I actually want the one piece ones like the US/Upscale model

Some non-US 80s came with those lights.

All non Sahara models..yep.

They're a downgrade in terms of light output and were only found on the lower trim level trucks in some markets. They do look good though.
Ive got some pretty good HID in there so light output is awesome. Usually its chrome surrounding but I have used plasti dip to black them out, but I think Im going to go back to chrome.

New master cylinder & booster = brakes that actually stop.

Went for a surf at Rockaway beach with a buddy. Did some urban mudding..

uploadfromtaptalk1409624576629.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1409624594374.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom