What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bought and installed a Rhino Rack fairing for my Thule bars. Really cuts out the wind noise.

Installed the awning lower so it's not sticking up above the load bars.

Now I just need my paddle boards to come in and off to the lake i go

IMG_20160501_184931.jpg

o crap. I over paid by about 2 dollars. I bought the terminals at a local shop in Indy. They are next to a heavy industrial area for semi's and thus the quick availability to these products.

Bought and installed a Rhino Rack fairing for my Thule bars. Really cuts out the wind noise.

View attachment 1251673
That is one clean 62! Very nice work!

I brought a BJ60 out of Vancouver, BC. On Thursday I had the front calipers replaced and on Friday a new exhaust was put in from the manifold down tube back. It started overheating north of Seattle so I ordered a thermostat, a fuel filter and one of the last 4 oem Toyota dealer water pumps in the US. Saturday I did a flow test on the radiator, it's good, pulled the thermostat and it's not.

Today I got tired of waiting for the parts and drilled 3 1/8" holes through the thermostat in a motel room, drove and burped the system a couple times and got the temp stabilized enough to try to drive it home. It's a little cooler than I'd like, I should have drilled two holes.

It's a little rusty but I have a couple Colorado FJ60's. 301,000km. Drive train is perfect.

View attachment 1251673
what size tires do you have on there?? She's a beaut!

View attachment 1251673

2.5 OME lift? Looks really clean.

@boozewz You will love them. I have been running mine for over a year and they have been awesome. Great road manners and great offroad. Only negative I have had so far is that they really like to hold onto small rocks so I have to occasionally go through and pull them out.

I've been running KM2's on my 80 and Troopy for nearly 5 years and love them, but have been wanting to try the Coopers for some time. First impression is they're much quieter right off the bat! As for little rocks, I have a bigger issue with them getting stuck in my shoe soles!

Those look great! Are those rims still available new?

Yes sir they are. Mine came with the truck, and I picked up a used one for the spare. I am sure @beno can hook you up with new

Got and installed my Trail Tailor Euro mirror gaskets! Awesome, fit was perfect and the rubber is super tough. Should help the mirror vibration I was having, only way to find out for sure though is to get the truck back on the road :rolleyes:

Thanks @reevesci !

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Installed the sliding tray for my new ARB fridge. Four bolts secure it to the floor. The two near the tailgate were easy to position to get to from below, as was the one near the wheel well. But the fourth bolt was over the fuel tank and I didn't want to have to drop it. Turns out I didn't have to. Toyota's engineers, clever as always, were thinking ahead and provided an ARB bolt acces hatch in just the right spot, which cleverly doubles as the fuel tank sending unit access hatch! Problem solved.

image.jpeg

Removed and cleaned my throttle body. It was so gunked up along with inside the plenum but finally got it all. The original plan was to take it off to adjust the TPS, but once I got it off, there was NO way I wasn't going to clean it while it was off. Didn't get a chance to clear my code 51 or test drive, but I did crank it up and blow all the crap out and it seemed to idle a tad higher and smoother. I'll drive it tomorrow and see what it's like out on the road. Next order of business is to change the ATF since it smells like I've still got some residual gear oil in it from when the transfer case seal was leaking...seems to not be downshifting properly.

Removed and cleaned my throttle body. It was so gunked up along with inside the plenum but finally got it all. The original plan was to take it off to adjust the TPS, but once I got it off, there was NO way I wasn't going to clean it while it was off. ...seems to not be downshifting properly.

I did the exact same thing about 3 weeks ago. Did yours have the shifting issue before you removed TB? I cleaned my TB, adjusted TPS, got a smoother idle, but the next started having shifting problems. When I'm doing anything above 40mph, as soon as I left off the gas it almost feels like it tries to downshift... I thought it was because the throttle cable was accidentally overtightened when I put the TB back on, but when I adjusted the cable I still had the same problem?

I did the exact same thing about 3 weeks ago. Did yours have the shifting issue before you removed TB? I cleaned my TB, adjusted TPS, got a smoother idle, but the next started having shifting problems. When I'm doing anything above 40mph, as soon as I left off the gas it almost feels like it tries to downshift... I thought it was because the throttle cable was accidentally overtightened when I put the TB back on, but when I adjusted the cable I still had the same problem?

No, my shifting problem has been an ongoing thing. It hasn't gotten worse, but it hasn't gotten better either. It's when it downshifts trying to speed up going up a hill or something of that nature. And it also doesn't seem to want to downshift early enough to keep up my momentum. So I've been shifting manually if I'm trying to gain speed. What I did with my throttle cables were just unbolt the bracket that holds the cables to the TB instead of loosening the nuts that adjust them. That way I don't have to worry about adjusting them afterward.

No, my shifting problem has been an ongoing thing. It hasn't gotten worse, but it hasn't gotten better either. It's when it downshifts trying to speed up going up a hill or something of that nature. And it also doesn't seem to want to downshift early enough to keep up my momentum. So I've been shifting manually if I'm trying to gain speed. What I did with my throttle cables were just unbolt the bracket that holds the cables to the TB instead of loosening the nuts that adjust them. That way I don't have to worry about adjusting them afterward.

Smart thinking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom