What color to paint my Frame-Off? Free Parts Giveaway Poll (1 Viewer)

What color do I paint the HJ47?

• Nordic Blue - 857

Votes: 16 9.6%
  • Dune - 416

Votes: 36 21.7%
  • Rustic Green- 621

Votes: 19 11.4%
  • Smurf Blue - 808

Votes: 16 9.6%
  • Mustard Yellow - 532

Votes: 26 15.7%
  • Freeborn Red - 309

Votes: 19 11.4%
  • Olive Green - 653

Votes: 40 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PVCruiser said:
Yeah that was white.

031 is a pretty color.....................I should know I have enough panels painted this color.:rolleyes:

OLIVE...hands down

Initially since I am biased I would say Rustic Green, but then I thought about it some more. Olive would look look killer on all that sheetmetal. I can't remember ever seeing a troopie painted either color. Then there is the "Pumpkin Orange" option, maybe just a bit loud for a troopie though, but it would stand out. Hmmm... I envy you not in this decission.

Can anyone photochop all the options on a good troopie pic? Maybe that will help.

i like this one and a pic of a nice olive 40
hj47 1 (Medium).jpg
Resized_Toyotafest%202006%20070.jpg

Last edited:
I'm more or less biased to 464, since mine is that colour. But you didn't list that so i would have to go with mustard for a troopie. Would it have been a 40, Olive green would have been my choice.

Here is a picture of mine:
auto klein.jpg

troopie said:
I'm more or less biased to 464, since mine is that colour. But you didn't list that so i would have to go with mustard for a troopie. Would it have been a 40, Olive green would have been my choice.

Here is a picture of mine:

Looks like you're driving on the surface of the moon. . . nice rig.

Here's a little photochop.... The olive green in this photo is a different shade...

Second photo is a 45LV paint scheme
PV Cruisers 2 resize.jpg
PV Cruisers 1 resize.jpg
HJ47 small v2.jpg

I am surprised at how good the white looks in some of the pictures I have seen. I originally voted for olive green, and after seeing the photo-shopped version in the lower right corner, I still am picking olive green ... but the white looks classic.

My only concern with white (and silver) is that there might not be enough contrast between the roof, the bezel, and the body. My FJ is currently silver, but at some point I want to have it painted blue or green or red so that the top and the bezel stand out more.

<<Edit: After posting this message, I looked at it to see how my photo turned out. I then realized that in the photo, the white bezel shows up a heck of a lot better than I made it sound. You'll have to trust me when I say that in bright sunlight, the silver body panels and the white roof and bezel look pretty similar.>>
blink 2.jpg

Last edited:
after seeing the two-tone, that's what you should go with, white and orange:)

or white and blue.

Nomis said:
Looks like you're driving on the surface of the moon. . . nice rig.

Thanks, it's actually on a man made beach. What the Dutch are famous for.:)

Now back on topic. I also like the two tone LV style you chopped, altough i would try to keep the roof white and the hardtop sides and the upper part of the rear doors white as a two tone paint sceme and the tub, doors and the front clip in your favorite colour.
I've been thinking of doing that myself, but i suck at photochop and don't have the guts to go ahead and do it.

Good luck on making a choice and please make a write up.

Mark

65-fj45 said:
I voted mustard yellow, although this is my #1 color

Same here but I think green is also a great color
but don't do what I did .. bezel should be white mustard yellow and white is the best scheme

309 - Freeborn Baby!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom