Water leak onto driver floor mat after rain? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found a puddle of water leaking from my dash down onto the floorboard and onto my mat after a heavy downpour. I blew air through the sunroof events and tried to clean them out with some wire but I meet resistance after I go down so far. Does anybody know where these tubes exit through the bottom?

Try weed eater line chucked up in a drill to clear out debris. Worked on my 80.

I have not looked at my gx but the 80 has four drains. It will drain fine if only two work until a heavy rain or you go through a car wash then it backs up and pours over the top onto the headliner, runs down the A pillar and out where ever it can.

PITA

Hey empty into the wheel well. Easy to clean with weed string as suggested. Just run a good 7-8 get through and you will be all good. The more you wheel the more you have to do this. I also see wet by the glasses holder when mine need cleaned

On the 80 series there were a few slats in the rocker panel that you cleaned out with a zip tie and then weed whacker line from the top. As you clean them pour warm water down the sun roof pan and you should see it drain out onto the ground once it is clear.

Well I ended up blowing air through the top holes in the moon roof and doesn't seem to leak anymore. We will see

Reactions: GXO
It will... When they get blocked again lol

On the 80 series there were a few slats in the rocker panel that you cleaned out with a zip tie and then weed whacker line from the top. As you clean them pour warm water down the sun roof pan and you should see it drain out onto the ground once it is clear.
Are these covered up with the factory running boards?

If anyone could take some photos of where the entrance and exit for these drains are I know I would appreciate it and I am sure other people would also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom