Builds Utah... the "new blue" - the unforeseen build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More pics with the body off. I will tie the rear frame Tie in to this hoop slider thing
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1454335473.063059.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1454335490.497526.jpg

Body came back off to finish all the welds, looks very odd with the frame tie-ins.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1454335562.916363.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1454335575.320227.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1454335589.121459.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1454335602.403267.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1454335645.556638.jpg

Reactions: SAS
Other little things were finished. 3/8 plate tapped for seatbelt three point mount
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1454335691.139997.jpg

Added the front grab handles too.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1454335738.777150.jpg

I think that I was told that these came out of some GM vehicle, anyone know what these are from? I'm looking for seat cover options.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1454335801.066022.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1454335811.520999.jpg

@Kansas Cruiser tried to text you to thank you for all the metal tech steel I bought from you. Came in really handy on this build.

Not a problem, I'm glad it went to a good home

image.jpg
Lots of welding and grinding. However we're starting to get close To paint. I also made the reinforcement for the Hitch that will bolt to the piece coming out of rear bumper.
image.jpg

Incredible job here... Nice build!!! :clap:

Found time to POR 15 the frame. Daughter came out and helped get all the water out of the frame by jacking around.
IMG_4791.jpg
IMG_4794.jpg
IMG_4787.jpg
IMG_4784.jpg

Thanks goes out to @milemarker60 for teaching me how to paint over the POR 15 with rattle can to give it some UV protection. Painted 2 coats POR 15 (after marine clean and acid etch) and 2 coats of rustoleum hard hat flat black.

Wow!! Before we moved you had just bought this and I had no idea that you would do all this too it!! Great to read and fun to see all the changes and hard work!

Wow!! Before we moved you had just bought this and I had no idea that you would do all this too it!! Great to read and fun to see all the changes and hard work!

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I had no idea either. Tax season is here, so things have slowed down. Done a few small things lately, but the iphone app is not working for some reason, so posting pictures is not as easy.

yes the app got disabled.....awesome build

Got some more done on the axle teardown. Pulled the diffs with @FZJ80 in KC Mike and sent to a good friend @tornadoalleycruiser to take to @riverrat Jobe to a look at them and make sure there's no issues. That was after I went to another @kc_chevota friend to try to get a better pinion yoke. Good to have friends. If you're going this far he might as well replace the bearings in the rear Semi float axle. The front axle balls had a bunch a rust on them so did a whole bunch of cleaning grinding and buffing. I had never seen someone butcher up the old drum backing plate to use for the disc brakes but did a decent job It was a really rusty with 5% paint coverage, so sandblasted it and will Powdercoat.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
More pics.

Last edited:
So , I wonder what you could do it one of these
image.jpg

Further down the rabbit hole we go. Decided to take out the rear axle sandblast and paint it this weekend. Used the two-part Epoxy paint from Southern poly urethane
image.jpg
image.jpg

paging @spencer arndt - let me know when you can ship the tires. I have tried to email and text you, with no answers. I have waited patiently for 6 months, don't flake out on me here.

image.jpg
I shot some John Deere blitz black on the parts

Look mom, holes in aluminum running boards gone.
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom