UT Expedition Interest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When?!

Let's book it. Lock it in. Mark it 8.

How about early Spring?

Natasha has requested me to try and do these trips based around kiddos vacation from school... I know flights may be more expensive, but spring break would work for me. I'll try and find the dates today...

We were in UT March 18-25th last year. It was a pretty mild winter in CO which allowed us to do Kokopelli on our way back east.

Who knows what this winter will hold, maybe someone can consult their farmers almanac for a firm answer?!

Easter Jeep Safari is April 8-16th. I think we really want to avoid Moab during EJS from the rumors I heard. Maybe someone with more first hand experience can chime in. I'm guessing that @Pacer spring break is right before Easter...

I'm interested in this trip. But I'll need to figure out the camping situation since I'm a novice.

Would my truck be built enough for this terrain?

I'm interested in this trip. But I'll need to figure out the camping situation since I'm a novice.

Would my truck be built enough for this terrain?

I did it with this guy with only A-Trac with that said Im not sure I would want to given a choice

#1 for this trail is its remoteness....you dont want to have problems of any kind.

More HITR video on my youtube channel

Last edited:
So I should have at least a rear locker before I try for this type of trip....got it.

I don't know how I missed this thread, but would definitely be interested in jumping on board if there is room for one more!

@Pacer
- did you confirm spring break dates?

@maxse01 - does your truck have A-trac? I think you would be fine. A rear locker would be better.

@Stoshu - we would love to have you. Especially since the last guy in has to bring the beer for the rest of the crew :)

Outstanding! PBR tall boys for all!

I'll be shooting to have the 80 well sorted by then. Got everything at the shop to do the axle swaps and lift this coming weekend.

So now, Natasha tells me she never said time it with Spring Break. Nevertheless, Spring Break falls April 8th through 16th.
I guess I'm good to go whenever now.

Jeebus @Crusha you went through that whole bottle of bourbon already? I think you may need to consider rehabilitation before this trip. Otherwise I may need to drive out with a trailer provision for booze alone! LOL

Will most likely do that anyway...

Jeebus @Crusha you went through that whole bottle of bourbon already? I think you may need to consider rehabilitation before this trip. Otherwise I may need to drive out with a trailer provision for booze alone! LOL

Will most likely do that anyway...

Bring the trailer!

@Pacer, those are the exact dates of EJS. I would really like to go before that.

Can we look at something in the middle of March? Can we propose March 16-25? Does that work for everyone?

I already had those dates blocked off, it's a go!

Screenshot_2016-09-23-12-45-51.png

@mryanangel - do these dates work for you? Since you launched this idea we should probably wait for you to chime in :)

@Pacer
- did you confirm spring break dates?

@maxse01 - does your truck have A-trac? I think you would be fine. A rear locker would be better.

@Stoshu - we would love to have you. Especially since the last guy in has to bring the beer for the rest of the crew :)
Yes sir, it does.

I handled Black Bear, Imogene, Alpine Loop and Ophir in Colorado with no issues. I think the atrac only kicked in a few times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom