Tuck's 1970 Spring Green FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stripping down the engine and starting to clean it up. Waiting for a warm day to power wash it. More snow coming tomorrow...
IMG_9691.jpg
IMG_9685.jpg
IMG_9687.jpg

Watching! Good luck with the build. I'd like to do something similar with my '71. I reached out to a few shops for some restoration discussions, very helpful people but 6 figures is a far stretch for my pocket book. Thanks for the inspiration.

Watching! Good luck with the build. I'd like to do something similar with my '71. I reached out to a few shops for some restoration discussions, very helpful people but 6 figures is a far stretch for my pocket book. Thanks for the inspiration.
Thanks man! I appreciate that. I can't imagine paying a shop to do stuff. I wish I could... maybe later in life. But for now, I enjoy spending the time and cleaning everything up! I question my sanity.

I think my goal is to do everything I can while I'm here. But also, I just want to get it on the road and enjoy it! Too many 40s fall victim to "Restoration".

My uncle said, "Just act like you're in college again, you don't have money so you get creative and find a way to do it."

My goal is rolling down the road next summer!

Bump, is it done yet?

Bump, is it done yet?
I have been a little too busy skiing! I need to trade some parts with you to get this rolling! Also, I need to get chop top out of my garage so I have a place to start working! Its been so cold haha

IMG_0566.jpg

Been looking into getting a diesel heater that can be used for both winter camping and also garage work! 🥶
Someone get this man a heater for that garage!

Better get have it ready for a trip to Idaho this summer ;)
It's awaiting your sweet embrace ;) Idaho... you mean IdaHOME! Honestly one of the main drivers to get this road trip worthy is a trip with all of you guys!

Okay! I'm prepping for the parts 60 to finally get picked up! Pulled some stuff for others, and pulled the axles for me! I can't wait to have the space back to start cleaning up the 40 frame, and building some axles!
IMG_1041.jpg
IMG_1047.jpg
IMG_1053.jpg

@Rockymtnreaper Hadn't found this thread yet. Following in case one of these rusty money pits accidentally ends up in my garage in a couple months. Between you and @diesellibrarian I'll just copy everything you two do and be home free.

Also RIP chop top, it was a sight to behold in person, and it died so others may live.

@Rockymtnreaper Hadn't found this thread yet. Following in case one of these rusty money pits accidentally ends up in my garage in a couple months. Between you and @diesellibrarian I'll just copy everything you two do and be home free.

Also RIP chop top, it was a sight to behold in person, and it died so others may live.
Glad you found me! I'm team money pit... We just want you down here with us ;)

The chop top got picked up today! Thanks @TrailBornRunner 😎

Now to clean up the garage and get the 40 frame back in!
IMG_1076.jpg
IMG_1074.jpg
IMG_1078.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom