Time for feedback on next gen cup holder (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didn't measure my I phone 6plus with out case yet but with case it won't fit in factory hole.:(
Wow. that is a fat phone. That hole is almost 3.25" wide. I didn't realize the new 6plus was that big. There is just no way I can account for something that big when the hole itself can't even handle the phone. I do have a couple of the prototypes left that don't have the phone slot. let me know if you would be interested in one of those.

So I went ahead and just put all 10 printers on this project for 24 hours. That gave me a nice big batch of these. They are all the latest version with the cell phone slot up front that is open on one end to allow for the largest phone possible. A 3 1/16" wide phone will fit nicely with a tiny bit a wiggle room left. I put 1/2 of the batch on my esty page www.etsy.com/shop/bh3dprinting and 1/2 on my website at www.bh3dprinting.com
I have no idea if these will sell crazy fast or none at all. If you see "out of stock" on either site then I tend to restock every 2-3 days so just be patient. I'm not moving on to the next project. One more off the list.

Edit: I forgot to ad, I do have a few of the prototypes left for a reduced price. If you want one then send me a PM/start a conversation with me and we can figure it out.

Just realized this last post got buried at the bottom of the page and I wanted to make sure folks saw that these are now up on both of my sites. I wont be updating this thread anymore since this is now a product for sale. All future info on these cup holders will be in the small business section in this thread.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/80-series-cup-holders.810946/page-8
This thread has all of my cup holder info in one place and will have any updates/design changes posted there as well. If there are any questions posted about the cup holders then I am happy to answer those, but no more updating this thread. Thanks for the feedback guys and helping get this product all wrapped up and into production.

Last edited:
I had not planed to update this thread anymore but I have been getting a bunch of questions throughout the day and most of them are centered around one thing; attachment. Folks are asking if I am sending screws or adhesive with these (like I do with my other cup holders). The answere is no. My front and rear double cup holders are sitting either on or hanging off of something. Screws and adhesive are needed for the extra support. The new center console cup holder insert sits down into the square hole. No extra support needed. You want to be able to remove the insert if you spill something or just need to get something out of the back hole. I also added a .5 degree wider taper to the insert so it will wedge itself down into the hole as you force it down into the bottom. It will be VERY snug and not go anywhere. I wanted it easily removeable (with some force) but I also wanted it to stay in place when you shove a 44oz. extra large cup down into it that will also be snug. I didn't want to insert to stick to a fat cup while you lift it up and out. My design should stay put with no screws. The factory hole IS in the cup holder so you can swap out the factory screw (at the bottom of the square hole) with a 1/2" longer screw if it makes you feel good, but it's not needed. Hopefully that will clear everything up.

Last edited:
I had not planed to update this thread anymore but I have been getting a bunch of questions throughout the day and most of them are centered around one thing; attachment. Folks are asking if I am sending screws or adhesive with these (like I do with my other cup holders). The answere is no. My front and rear double cup holders are sitting either on or hanging off of something. Screws and adhesive are needed for the extra support. The new center console cup holder insert sits down into the square hole. No extra support needed. You want to be able to remove the insert if you spill something or just need to get something out of the back hole. I also added a .5 degree wider taper to the insert so it will wedge itself down into the hole as you force it down into the bottom. It will be VERY snug and not go anywhere. I wanted it easily removeable (with some force) but I also wanted it to stay in place when you shove a 44oz. extra large cup down into it that will also be snug. I didn't want to insert to stick and lift up with the large cups. My design should stay put with no screws. The factory hole IS in the cup holder so you can swap out the factory screw (at the bottom of the square hole) with a 1/2" longer screw if it makes you feel good, but it's not needed. Hopefully that will clear everything up.
If anyone is overly concerned about it moving just figure out a way to do it yourself. There is a reason they SELL double sided sticky tape. Sorry, just my thought. :meh:

If anyone is overly concerned about it moving just figure out a way to do it yourself. There is a reason they SELL double sided sticky tape. Sorry, just my thought. :meh:
I have a ton of the double sided tape that I use for the other cup holders but it's extremely expensive and is not needed for this application. If someone REALLY wants to permanently lock this thing into place with some 3M automotive adhesive then just let me know with a message and I will send some with the cup holder.

With all these cup holders should I go with OME heavies? And are my tires going to rub?

got my prototype, thanks!

Update: All prototypes are now gone. The last couple got shipped off yesterday morning so everybody should have them early next week at the latest. I also made a preliminary batch of 30 cup holders which are now all gone. I still have 5 machines making these around the clock and am updating my inventory every 24 hours. Thanks for all the orders guys and making this worth my time.

Looks great! Nicely done.

You are like the only guy I have ever seen actually use the coin holders. I don't recall ever seeing coins in the holders in any other pics...

Bravo!:cheers:

You are like the only guy I have ever seen actually use the coin holders. I don't recall ever seeing coins in the holders in any other pics...

Bravo!:cheers:
Don't worry. They are mostly pennies, foreign coins, and tokens to laser tag. They are there because I'm too lazy to take them out.

With all these cup holders should I go with OME heavies? And are my tires going to rub?
And what is the perfect tire to run with this setup?

:hmm:

Got my yellow prototype in the mail today and it fits perfect! Not sure if it'll stay yellow, but for now I'll leave it because nobody doesn't notice my new cup holder!

Thanks @bhicks!

I love the idea and may order one at some point. I can't help but thinking of the Christopher Walken skit "More Cowbell" though. We could remake it into the "more cup holder" skit. I'm sure SNL would go for it. Keep up the good work bhicks! I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cup holders.
image.jpg

Last edited:
So I decided to run a father's day promo for the month of June. Promo started today. Anyone can use it but I had father's in mind for the promo. Coupone code "dad15". It's 15% off entire order plus free shipping. I restock every couple days, so if any items show up "sold out" just be patient and give it a couple days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom