Subtank Roof Console Part # 83290-60090 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LOL!!!!! So, again, ... every mod....involves another mod as usual ;) If one gets the guages...ya gotta get the visors...aaargh!
airlaird

In a pinch, you could always just cut and resew your current visors; they're just fabric and padding over MDF.

Semlin, that won't work because we all have sunroofs on this side of the big pond.

In a pinch, you could always just cut and resew your current visors; they're just fabric and padding over MDF.

I don't know if that would work because then it would require help from our wives....no one would want to admit that they needed help from their wife to mod the cruiser. :eek: :doh:

Semlin, that won't work because we all have sunroofs on this side of the big pond.

d'oh! :rolleyes: :D actually they might still work if you can live with a weird type of t-top ;) and the console still works ;)

somewhere long ago I recall an oz aftermarket spacer for the oem altimeter cluster that allowed a single din cb installation above the altimeter.

I wonder if an upolstery shop could mod the visors easily? They look like they are heat seamed, if that make sense.

I wonder if an upolstery shop could mod the visors easily? They look like they are heat seamed, if that make sense.

I'm sure you can just cut open the fabric, chop the inside material (MDF?), and have someone stitch right up, or pick a new fabric and go for a different motif(sp).:D

d'oh! :rolleyes: :D actually they might still work if you can live with a weird type of t-top ;) and the console still works ;)

somewhere long ago I recall an oz aftermarket spacer for the oem altimeter cluster that allowed a single din cb installation above the altimeter.

Center console doesn't work without another mod either. Since the e-brake is on the wrong side and that other pocket of the console is offset so it would run into the USPS seat. I thought both were pretty cool until I realized.. hey where is the sunroof :)

In Post #18 the picture shows the compass/altimeter with sunroof.

Is there a part number for that?
Is there a part number for just the compass/altimeter?

Someone nicked mine out of my HDJ81 as it came across the sea.

I sure would like to fill that empty space with what was originally there.

I keep missing used ones on eBay and would rather buy a new one now.

Question .

All 80 series over there ( USA ) have sun roof .?

What kind of console have ... ? ( or no console and only sun roof controls )

Here not all 80 come with sun roof and sure no all come with sub tanks .. some come totaly plain and no roof console .. ones only with compas a no sub tank.

In Post #18 the picture shows the compass/altimeter with sunroof.

Is there a part number for that?
Is there a part number for just the compass/altimeter?

Someone nicked mine out of my HDJ81 as it came across the sea.

I sure would like to fill that empty space with what was originally there.

I keep missing used ones on eBay and would rather buy a new one now.

I thought you were going to have somebody visiting Japan take/bring one back to/for you.

Can your local Toyota dealer get those parts now that some of them import JDM trucks now?

If not, let me know if I can still help you.

Mot :grinpimp: ;)

Question .

All 80 series over there ( USA ) have sun roof .?

What kind of console have ... ? ( or no console and only sun roof controls )

Here not all 80 come with sun roof and sure no all come with sub tanks .. some come totaly plain and no roof console .. ones only with compas a no sub tank.

I saw a couple of US spec 80s without sunroofs when I was shopping for my truck, but they are very rare.

New Frenchie ;)

Hi, my name is Luc, I'm french, and i have an HDJ8O + an HZJ75 modified with turbo & intercooler; i go for tourism in the Sahara desert; i went to Tunisia, Morocco, Lybia, ALgeria, Niger, Burkina-Faso...and before the Toyotas, I did it with asimple Peugeot "504"..
I'm happy to join you, and i hope you'll acceppt me :) !

Good morning, everybody,
Does anybody know, how to buy the sunroof console with compass and fuel gauge, and how to find the wiring diagram? i've just the sub-tank switch, a 170liters subtank, and the filling double entry..
Thanks for your help, and happy new year !

Good morning, everybody,
Does anybody know, how to buy the sunroof console with compass and fuel gauge, and how to find the wiring diagram? i've just the sub-tank switch, a 170liters subtank, and the filling double entry..
Thanks for your help, and happy new year !

When you find out please let me know. I need a few non-USA part numbers for this set up myself.

Luc,

USE THE FORCE!:D

If you can't source the overhead console/compass locally I would be happy to take your francs(sp).;) (I'm in Japan)

Let me know if I can assist you.

Also, most of us would love to see pics of your Cruisers (80's section and the International/Diesel section?) and of your trips (chit-chat section, perhaps).

WELCOME ABOARD!!

Mot

I thought you were going to have somebody visiting Japan take/bring one back to/for you.

Can your local Toyota dealer get those parts now that some of them import JDM trucks now?

If not, let me know if I can still help you.

Mot :grinpimp: ;)

Mot

My source came up empty. It seems they too were all long gone. He did manage to find a truck for himself that he is having shipped over this week.

We can order the parts. We just need the part numbers. Our local dealers don't have listings for JDM parts.

I told them to get the right EPC but he just shrugged.

If you have the part number that would be great. Just the compass/altimeter if possible . If not the whole unit. I have the wiring. Just no compass/altimer. I also have the power sunroof in mine.

Thanks

Dan

If I were a dick, which I am:D, I would tell you you'll have to get the compass unit from me, eh?

83290-60110

I know how frustrating it is, trying to source foreign parts that are hard to come by.

The PN is just for the compass/altimeter and not the whole unit.

Let me know if you can't get it for some reason, as well as how much you have/had to pay for it (for my reference if you don't mind).

Good luck.

Mot

Hi, prosett,
would you accept to fax me the diagram ?
My fax is: +33 325 55 79 92 (France).
I'll scan it & post it here.
Thanks,
Luc.:cheers: , who lives in Champagne !:bounce:

Luc,

USE THE FORCE!:D

If you can't source the overhead console/compass locally I would be happy to take your francs(sp).;) (I'm in Japan)

Let me know if I can assist you.

Also, most of us would love to see pics of your Cruisers (80's section and the International/Diesel section?) and of your trips (chit-chat section, perhaps).

WELCOME ABOARD!!

Mot

Hi Mot,
Could you assist me for the whole unit with compass, fuel gauge, & wiring?
I've just sent a few pics of my 80';
it's a '96's HDJ 80 24valves, five seats, coming from Germany, with leather, powered sunroof, and modified LDA diesel fuel pump, and with a car computer in dashboard, with motorized screen, coming from CarTFT's in Germany.
I'va manual 3 differential locking, 170 litres auxiliary fuel tank, Eibach Marathon springs, Koni Heavy-Track-Raid schoks absorbers, 16"Performance alloy wheels, 255x75x16 BFG MudTerrain Tires, 100mitres water with boat pump, 2 sleepings inside car & 2 in a roof tent, 220 volts, 12 volts, etc..
Friendly yours,
Luc
mailto:lugendre@wanadoo.fr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom