Subtank Roof Console Part # 83290-60090 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have an grey alt/sub console I got from AU. Been sitting in the garage waiting for the other parts to come across the pond.

How do I tell what P/N the console is? (It also came with some of the wiring looms to run down the A pillar, the switch and between the tanks.)

Still trying to figure out what is what. Maybe if I got the PN for the console, I could start zeroing in on what loom is what.

Aktundra,

If you are trying to piece together a system, this is the best thread out there. All of the part numbers for the OEM parts are on the first page.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/213266-oem-subtank-retrofit-install-project-pics.html

My install got side-tracked with a HG replacement which went way over budget. I have contacted Jim "ElMariachi" in the past to help verify my subtank wiring. He did some serious work getting the system to work with our US harnesses, thus you may want to PM him with your specific questions.

If you have the whole console wiring from the A-Pillar to the foot-well, that would be great. Most just chop-off the plug for the console at about 8-12". Thus with mine, I need to build my own loom down to the other plugs.

:cheers: and keep us posted.

Steve

I have that thread on my favorites !

I fellow forum member in AU has graciously spent a few weekends cleaning and boxing a sub tank system (sub tank, ECU, dual filler neck, main tank, misc plumbing & wiring). We are still figuring out shipping.

From another source I got the overhead console and the associated wiring harness.

Still need the switch & associated wiring harness.

This winter I hope to be able to hook up the entire system and "bench test" end-to-end before installing. Though using OEM parts, they are coming from different model years, so plumbing, wiring, may not follow strictly OEM.

Should be a challenge, but gas stations are to far a part here in Alaska, I am tired of siphoning gas, and winter is long !

AK,

Sounds like we are on similar paths. One thing you may want to consider is replacing the gaskets in both tanks, the filter-socks etc. I tracked down all the numbers for those too, and ordered them from MOT in Japan (let me know, and I can dig those up). Have yet to fit them. I just wanted to be sure that both tanks were perfectly sealed, and that I would not need to take them out shortly after installing due to a $5 gasket or two failing. Also replacing most of the hoses (other than the big ones, which were perfect on my kit). May also replace the fuel pump in the main, as another item I would rather pre-emptively replace.

As with the other thread, looking to have a 95% + OEM solution in my rig.

:cheers:

Steve

So what is a LRA 44 gallon tank worth these days?

That post is 14 years old.

Oak spray to turn to console the right color and Lexus sun visors…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom