Subtank Roof Console Part # 83290-60090 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry.;p

These are the ones, I believe, out of the VX Limited model with the light/mirror.

Do they have ears or these came out of the non-overhead-cosoled cruiser, too?

I'm not here to argue, I just want to know/source the "correct" ones.

PICT0011b.jpg
PICT0014b.jpg
PICT0015b.jpg

Yep, those look like the right ones that would be needed. No ears, made for the overhead Pod. With mirror, flap and lighted to check one's makeup after a hard days night :)

george.

Now who are you going to trust when it comes to the JDM stuff, some old fart named "Dan" who lives in New Mexico or somebody who actually lives in Japan? :D

Just to prove that I knew what I was talking about concerning these visors, I had to install them and take pics so I can shut some of you guys up for good.

Pic 1: Original visors in my '90.

Pic 2: The new one just installed.

Pic 3: Voila!!!

28961389882.jpg

PICT0008b.jpg
PICT0009b.jpg
PICT0011b.jpg

Just in case you didn't catch it, it doesn't fit.:D

I'm going to talk to the dealer and see if he would take them back as I told him what I was looking for, etc...

If the color/material of the interior of my rig looks identical to yours in the US I'm going to get the visor PN off of my vehicle info which dealer often requires to get the correct ones.

prossett,

Go ahead and delete this thread so any record of my honest :)flipoff2:) mistake would not exist eternally on Mud.;)

Mot:D

No worries Mot.

I've never been wrong either.....;)

Go ahead and delete this thread so any record of my honest :)flipoff2:) mistake would not exist eternally on Mud.;)

Mot:D

I can always bring it back if he deletes it :D

Yep, those look like the right ones that would be needed. No ears, made for the overhead Pod. With mirror, flap and lighted to check one's makeup after a hard days night :)

george.

use that feature often George?

Not personally - now if I had a :princess: LX450, that could be a different story...

george.

Mot question:

In post #18 with compass/Altimeter it shows it fittting but are the US 80's wired for this option or does this require additional wiring?

Also are you saying the ear less mirrors are required for both addtions?

Mot are you going to sell these?

Mot question:

In post #18 with compass/Altimeter it shows it fittting but are the US 80's wired for this option or does this require additional wiring?

You have to build a harness and fabricate a non-magnetic bracket to mount the magnetic field sensor in the center of the roof. It is a huge pain in the ass and I would never do it again.

Last edited:
Mot question:

You'll ask Dan the Man here who has performed this mod to get exactly what is involved.

But IIRC you'll need to do your own wiring and if you want the compass then you'll have to wire it with magnetically shielded wires, etc...

I can get it (currently trying to help a couple of members), but it's not a cheap mod. Again, IIRC, I think Cdan said that it cost him something like $700-$800US for all the parts.

Let me know if I can help you though, I would be happy to get the set with correct visors.:rolleyes:

Mot

Speaking of overhead consoles, Man-A-Fre used to carry a rear overhead console. It was sort-of crescent-shaped, and fit right above the rear opening.

I wonder if that was an OEM part, and if it's still available somewhere. it seemed like a good, quick-access place for a first aid kit, map books, and other "I need it right now" kinds of things.

Any ideas, Mot?

Apologies for the thread-jack :D

Mot,

Am interested in the Part Number of the lighted/vanity mirrored visors (without the ears) shown in Post 22 (without ears). They will fit my LC is I have the pod (compass+altimeter). My current cloth visors need some replacing - they don't fold up/down that good anymore and sometimes I have to apply some hard pressure.

Is a 1990 HDJ81 pre-wired to accommodate the lighted visors? Are the visors cloth or vinyl? I prefer vinyl so that cleaning is a lot easier.

btw, is the magnetic field sensor that you mentioned in Post 13 installed on the headliner near the 3rd row area? I have always wondered what that thing is for on my JDM LC.

Any ideas, Mot?

I have not seen one and do not know of such a part in existance(sp), especially OEM. :(

podiev,

Give me some time to come up with it as I'm trying to sort the visor situation here (Different years, different shapes, fabrics colors (light gray/bluish gray), etc... too confusing for me.;)

I can probably get the PN for the one I've got though (w/o the light) soon.

And since my year did not show the expensive visors nor the VX Limited model(?) in the EPC I'm thinking that your rig is not wired for the lights. Just a guess though.

My less-than-perfect research has yielded total of 10 different (4 for pre Jan. '95 and 6 post Jan. '95) variations (PN's) of/for visors, per color.:D

I have a headache.

LOL!!!!! So, again, ... every mod....involves another mod as usual ;) If one gets the guages...ya gotta get the visors...aaargh!
airlaird

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom