Saudi 75 Too - Tilda Bogue Service Station (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LX models have the tach and cloth door cards. In fact the next one I have coming actually has electric windows and dual tanks.

Again as we all say, there is never a standard with these things. Thousands of variants.

My FZJ70 has this same simple cluster.
Yup, many various cluster variants out there. You still get brand new production 70 series Cruisers without a tach. On the 2.8 variants and aside from the digital cluster, Toyota has specced a slightly different analog cluster between single and double cabs. Then the V8 variants have another spec, the 1HZ has another, the V6 gas has its own and so forth.

Last I saw there were 4 door card options at least for a narrow nose 79 in grey alone. Three mirror styles also, including fully electrically adjustable with chrome and black as options.

Got the Scheel-Mann Vario F with armrest installed. Planted makes the bracket. Easy money. It fits better than I was expecting. If you fit in a 75 you will fit in this seat. It sits higher than the stock seat.

Scary always burning a $2000 seat to install the armrest

IMG_9948.jpeg
IMG_9949.jpeg

I put the planted base in but had to remove it and put it on the seat then install.
IMG_9950.jpeg

Love these things.

I am a dealer for these if you want one or two or 4…..

IMG_9954.jpeg

IMG_9955.jpeg

IMG_9956.jpeg

Funny. I shad posted this in the wrong thread.

Worked a couple hours and then took off

Got this 79 series tire mount from Dan Martz. I’m going to get the Wizard to make the spanner for 6 on 5.5 versus just using the 5 lug like I have in the past
IMG_9957.jpeg
IMG_9958.jpeg

Gave the engine bay a good cleaning

IMG_9959.jpeg

Question. Do they make hood blankets for 70 series hoods?

IMG_9960.jpeg

Funny. I shad posted this in the wrong thread.

Worked a couple hours and then took off

Got this 79 series tire mount from Dan Martz. I’m going to get the Wizard to make the spanner for 6 on 5.5 versus just using the 5 lug like I have in the past View attachment 3613125View attachment 3613128

Gave the engine bay a good cleaning

View attachment 3613126

View attachment 3613127
Looks awesome and made for it!!! 👍🏻🍻

Hello,

Yes, they do. However, it is more of a diesel engine option.

My guess: since gasoline/petrol trucks usually go to warm weather markets, Toyota does not deem it as important.

Check the blanket part number for an HZJ75/79 and order it. And make sure you include the 16 clips that keep it in place.

I noticed your engine has the later model charcoal canister, which is a good thing.

Juan

THANK YOU!! I have searched for over an hour! Every source I looked up notes “not applicable “

THANK YOU!! I have searched for over an hour! Every source I looked up notes “not applicable “

Hello,

Sometimes you have to use diesel truck parts for gasoline/petrol units. And sometimes it is the other way around.

Juan

I think the Scheelman are a mixed blessing for the 75 Ute, if you are short or have short legs they will probably work, if you are tall or have long legs they may not be a good fit. I ordered another set of planted brackets in bare pieces and shortened the legs to get the whole assembly as low as possible, still too tall and don't go back far enough for my comfort. I have to move the steering wheel all the way up to enter/exit the vehicle. Will keep mine in for the summer and see how they go.

Nolan, there is a lock that screws onto that spare tire holder. I have not had any luck locating one. I wonder if someone could help us out with the part number or hook us up so we could purchase of some?

Mark

Last edited:
Nolan, there is a lock that screws onto that spare tire holder. O have not had any luck locating one. I wonder if someone could help us out with the part number or hook us up so we could purchase of some?

Mark

The ones I’ve gotten have never had locks. Interesting.

Nolan, there is a lock that screws onto that spare tire holder. O have not had any luck locating one. I wonder if someone could help us out with the part number or hook us up so we could purchase of some?

Mark

We had a discussion about it. Brendan actually sits way forward and upright. I noticed it the first time he came to the farm and when he test drove the other 75 I built he moved the seat up a click or two from fully back and was comfortable.

75s are definitely tight.

Got this 79 series tire mount from Dan Martz. I’m going to get the Wizard to make the spanner for 6 on 5.5 versus just using the 5 lug like I have in the past

I'm sure the Wizard won't have any trouble but if you want to see how I did mine it's in post 271.

Nolan, there is a lock that screws onto that spare tire holder. I have not had any luck locating one. I wonder if someone could help us out with the part number or hook us up so we could purchase of some?

Mark

I bought a set that had the spare lock. Post 208 shows the set and part number:

Edit: Here's the part number for just the spare. Not sure it's available though.

69059ACYLINDER & KEY SET, SPARE WHEEL LOCK
69059-60051

Last edited:
Hello,

Check the blanket part number for an HZJ75/79 and order it. And make sure you include the 16 clips that keep it in place.

I noticed your engine has the later model charcoal canister, which is a good thing.

Juan
This charcoal canister is NLA from what I've found. Is there another source or one that fits?

This charcoal canister is NLA from what I've found. Is there another source or one that fits?

Hello,

There are two charcoal canister models.

Trucks built until around 1995 or 1996 had the model that goes next to the radiator. This canister is discontinued.

Trucks built after that date have the newer model. Nolen's truck has it. This canister is available. It needs a mounting plate for the fender apron.

Juan

Since the hood insulators are so hard to ship I plan on bringing a few in my next container from Europe as the used ones are mostly falling apart after 30 years .

Btw I do have some nice footmats for the lhd 7x models that are not made out of plastic but nice material like floormats in a normal car .

Since the hood insulators are so hard to ship I plan on bringing a few in my next container from Europe as the used ones are mostly falling apart after 30 years .

Btw I do have some nice footmats for the lhd 7x models that are not made out of plastic but nice material like floormats in a normal car .

Hood insulators are available from any Toyota dealership here in the US. Walk in and order one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom