Builds ROTW - smittycrusher (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pics from Anza Borrengo

Gotts love the mud salute while camping :flipoff2:
attachment.php
Ah. Good times.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8644709269350228384

Nice work Scott & good luck on your new adventure.

Hey Smitty - its great you got most of the important stuff done before moving out SouthEast. But you know what. If I lived closer to Mo, half of that stuff should be mine! Just joking.:lol:

Trees, roots, rocks, and WHAT - actual trees and Mud (yuck)! Sounds like good challenges - no worries for a fast learner though. Just follow that Avocado and youll be fine. :D

Just follow that Avocado and youll be fine. :D

That is the first time I have heard that :). I am a great spotter, but most won't follow me :)

i missed rig of the week!!! thanks for contributing :cheers:

It's been sparse with contributors lately.

I agree....my rig is nowhere near most of the ROTW's. I just decided that we need less weeks with no takers. Mine will not change for a while so I figured now was a good time. I will eventually (a few years from now) do another one when I get more goodies.

P.S. Let me know when you want to let go of your OME lift! Dibs are mine.;)

You will be the first to know. Hopefully sooner than later....should we use that escrow service again ;).

Hope to see pics of your boy in the rig soon!

M wife said she will let m know when that is allowed :rolleyes:.

Welcome back east!! Im sure youll find more than a few of us eager to get out and hit some trails w/ you here when you got the time. The rig is lookin real good and looks like you took advantage of the concentration of used parts out west:D again nice build you got goin.

I look forward to it!

Welcome back to the east. Just watch out for the tree's.

As Romer once posted a thread... "IH8TREES"

Nice write up! Buy a house in my neighborhood! :)

Still haven't ruled it out.....don't count on it though!

Thanks for the good times here in SoCal man.. we will miss you bigtime.. great write up and you have one hell of a stealth lookin rig as i always say. Ms. Jackson is lookin' damn good these days :)

I forgot to include her name in the description :doh:. Mrs. Jackson....my big beautiful ebony queen! I will see you SoCal guys again at SnT...I promise!

We :flipoff2: miss :flipoff2: you :flipoff2: already :flipoff2: :D

Enjoy the Hotlanta Georgia mud Smitty!

Thanks Brent....IH8MUD!! Well cleaning it atleast:crybaby:. Need more aggressive tires before I can think about the mud though.

Hey and where is the rest of the CB is it in the ash tray? Can't tell, Don't understand? :confused:
It is the Cobra 75 WX ST. It has a small box that is easily hidden in the center console. I also have a CB speaker where the Lexus factory center subwoofer goes.

That is the first time I have heard that :). I am a great spotter, but most won't follow me :)
I would only be able to follow you behind a tow strap or a rear winch!!

Thanks again guys....it is not the greatest rig but I am damn proud of her....and she is all mine.

Smit

Nice rig man. You're on the right track, and just need a few more goodies to get her, Mrs. Jackson, up to where you want her to be. I look forward to updates!:cheers::flipoff2:

Nice Write Up and Good Luck with your new move....Can you evaluate on your Extreme Air mod? Pics?

Smitty,

For a ZERO :banana: guy, you sure have come a long way! I always liked that you were willing to jump in and give it a try!

. . . I will see you SoCal guys again at SnT...I promise!

Do you mean this year, or some nebbulous "in the future"?

I never got to say goodbye (slowly wipes tear from eye).:crybaby:

Enjoy your new adventure, we'll miss ya all.

P.S Do I still have to Eat Mor Chikin'?:flipoff2:

Holy crap I am working too much, I almost missed your ROTW. Great write up Smit. It is really cool to see how far you have come along with your rig in this wonderful addiction that we all share. You are missed out here and the Atlanta crew is lucky to have you. Look forwared to wheeling with you again brother.

:cheers::beer:
Mo

I agree with Ting...the black scheme is the slickest of colors I believe. Thats my only regret with mine. Your rig is totally BA, and as SoCal mentioned, very stealthy. Good Luck with everything man.

Mini update....

I have not done much to Ms. Jackson since I moved back to Atlanta. I have not had the time or desire to take on any big projects. I think I have really only done 5 things to the rig since fall 2007:

-Add more red clay/mud to the undercarriage to complement more pin stripes.
-Add five Maxxis Bighorn 315/75/16s
-Go back to stock alloys (from black steelies) to save on weight with the larger tires (stayed at 12mpg going from steelies & 285s to alloys & 315s).
-Extend brake lines with OEM kit from Cdan
-add a 400w Sears Die Hard power inverter to the center console.

Items to complete in the not too distant future:

- Durabak the entire rig (either tan or white)
- Add a 12,000lb winch
- Add HID's up front

And then the list will still be long after that!

Pic of how the rig sits today:

Smitty
lx450 side.JPG

Don't Durabak the entire rig!

Tan with a white top or WHITE WHITE WHITE!!! We all know white is the best color. Then our rigs would be true twins.

Looks good with those new meats Smitty! How do you like the Bighorns? Considering buying those or BFG Muds in the near future for mine. Any noticeable performance difference going to 315's?

TK

I like the bighorns thus far. Only have about 4 wheeling trips and 7,000 miles on them. So far noise is fine and wear is good. I am doing a five tire rotation. I do drive with o/d off a little. I don't have too much elevation change on a regualr basis. I still look forward to 4.88s though. The price is right (all 5 for less than $1,000 OTD). I figured I couldn't go wrong with them. They have a little siping too.

Don't Durabak the entire rig!

I know, I know, I keep going back and fourth. I never wanted black but the rig was too nice and had very low miles. The pinstripes are aweful now and I don't even want to bother trying to buff them out. I don't want to mess with a paint job. I have always like the desert tan color as well as white. If my white one was locked, AKcruiserfreak would have never pryed it out of my hands. I am waiting for someone else to try the Durabak in white or tan. I thought Nay was going to be the guinnea pig for white, but he went avocado instead. Right now my eye is on the smooth Durabak in either white or tan...subject to change at any moment.

Tan with a white top or WHITE WHITE WHITE!!! We all know white is the best color. Then our rigs would be true twins.

That would be true. I can't believe that I lead you to 80s and you go out and buy one that makes me jealous. :flipoff2:

Smitty

Well, as much as I like white on our trucks, go tan. One guy here did repaint his truck tan and it looked great. Also like the color on the FJ Cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom