Events/Trails ROTM January 6, 2024: Backway to Crown King (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm 10 min late

what are y'all driving? I'm gonna be in a black Mitsubishi SUV with a homemade front bumper
Please let us know what happens with your Montero.

I'm All good, still a mile or so from pavement.

Maybe I'll come on another run with you guys once I fix my transfer case, if you guys don't mind.

Edit: I'm home
IMG_20240106_163302576_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
big THANK YOU to @TheGrrrrr for organizing and leading this run today, along with @Saddletramp for leading the second group. I especially liked how drivers could choose our own adventure, as some of us went the longer, easier way with spectacular views of Lake Pleasant, while others could choose the shorter section at the top for some rock crawling and waterfall scraping.

Here are my best 4 photos to share - a random climbing shot;
20240106_201342.jpg

The entrance to the rock canyon that everybody had to get through;
20240106_201413.jpg

Parking for the Saloon, across the foot bridge;
20240106_201304.jpg

And the amazing sunset on the ride back to Phoenix. The Bumble bee onramp has been widened and lengthened, making it much smoother to get on Southbound I-17;
56898.jpeg

Further, special thanks go out to our Club President and CSC club ambassador @brices123 for stepping in when called to help a guest get back to pavement after a transfer case failure. Nice work, all around - and reminiscent of past trips with the club which build great memories. Thanks, guys.

20240106_201342.jpg

I'm All good, still a mile or so from pavement.

Maybe I'll come on another run with you guys once I fix my transfer case, if you guys don't mind.

Edit: I'm home
View attachment 3526643
Bring it! Any vehicle will do it you will do!

Glad everyone had a good time. Love the fact there was snow at the top. Cannot wait for the next run.
The only photo I got

IMG_6454.jpeg

For anyone following the radio conversation on the way down the mountain, I ended up getting 11.3 mpg (corrected for tire size) on that tank. Filled up by my house the night before and just filled up now right when the light came on. Pumped 20.05 gallons to the first shutoff. Didn’t pump any more. That should mean the light comes on with 5 gallons left.

Not terrible considering all the idling the truck did during the day. I never turned off the engine between my house and the Saloon in Crown King.

This was in my stocking a few weeks back. Wife has a good sense of humor...
1704764626905652386804.jpg

For anyone following the radio conversation on the way down the mountain, I ended up getting 11.3 mpg (corrected for tire size) on that tank. Filled up by my house the night before and just filled up now right when the light came on. Pumped 20.05 gallons to the first shutoff. Didn’t pump any more. That should mean the light comes on with 5 gallons left.

Not terrible considering all the idling the truck did during the day. I never turned off the engine between my house and the Saloon in Crown King.
while wheeling, it's a gallon/hour :meh:

Just an update, i got my montero back together and it works alright. It likes to fight you a little bit going into 4low, but I changed the shifter to keep it from getting stuck like on our trip.

And my parents van lost an a/c compressor pulley so the day I put monty together she became the family shuttle bus

Just an update, i got my montero back together and it works alright. It likes to fight you a little bit going into 4low, but I changed the shifter to keep it from getting stuck like on our trip.

And my parents van lost an a/c compressor pulley so the day I put monty together she became the family shuttle bus
Glad to hear you got it figured out. Sorry about the van.
See you on the next run.

Smartkid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom