Events/Trails March 2024 ROTM - March 23-24 - Bradberry Cabin Loop/Chimney Rock (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NOTE: Almost this entire post is a copy of Abigail's April 2023 ROTM Thanks @Abigail !! It was such an awesome run that it deserves a repeat!

!!!!IMPORTANT!!!! Each vehicle needs to have your updated State Land Trust Permit for this run as we do cross Trust Land!! It's $15 for a year permit and it's something you should have anyway, you can get it here, it's a 2 min process https://asld.secure.force.com/recreationalpermit/

Mark your calendars for the March 2024 ROTM Run of the Month! This run will take place northeast of Tucson, see below for more details! Thanks to @Stepmurr for sharing his vast knowledge of this area.

When: Saturday, March 23 to Sunday, March 24

MEETUP DETAILS: 9:30 AM at Oracle, AZ Circle K gas station
2000 W American Ave, Oracle, AZ 85623 2000 W American Ave · 2000 W American Ave, Oracle, AZ 85623 - https://goo.gl/maps/cvYXuWds2ivoNmWy9
After gassing up meet in the adjacent dirt lot. We will plan to pull out of the gas station by 9:45 AM sharp!

The meetup spot is about a 2-hour drive from the Phoenix Valley, so plan accordingly.

About the run:

This is one of the most scenic routes I've run if you are a fan of Sonoran desert flora: thick "forests" of saguaros, cholla, ocotillo, and more. The hope is we will hit this area at a prime time for spring desert blooms! The trail is a loop and we will plan to make it to Bradberry Cabin for lunch (plan to bring your own) before continuing on to finish the loop.

The trail was fairly stocker friendly last year. I would recommend at minimum rock rails/sliders, especially if you are not an "experienced" off-road driver.

This will be organized as a day trip, and we will finish up with plenty of time to head back to the Valley or Tucson. For those interested, there will be a group camping Saturday night at Chimney Rock or thereabouts (as Chimney Rock area is reportedly blocked off). Feel free to join us!

We will be using HAM for trail communications. It is highly recommended, even if you are unlicensed, you should carry a handheld HAM radio for listening purposes. There will be a few drivers with GMRS, if you have that as an option.

Last year, we broke into two groups given the large number of vehicles. Depending on attendance this year, we'll plan on the same thing.

If you plan to attend, please chime in below!

Attendees:

1: @Otter
2: @brices123
3: @TheGrrrrr
4: @Saddletramp
5: @JORSOF
6: @Abigail
7: @GreatBigFat
Add me to the list please.

I hate to say it but I'm going to have to back out on this one 👎🏻 Have a wonderful time and take lots of pictures please!

@Stepmurr (Red Steve) are you in for this run?

@Stepmurr (Red Steve) are you in for this run?
Nope, for various reasons:
1. Broken toe & can't wear a shoe or boot
2. Need to finish replacing broken spring hanger on the FJ40
3. Need to add fourth seat in FJ40
4. Need to finish new LiFePO4 battery install in Taco before Eclipse trip

Mainly #1 tho 😿

Last edited:
4. Need to finish new LiPO4 battery install in Taco before Eclipse trip

Mainly #1 tho 😿
Sorry to hear you won't be joining us and I cannot believe you still cannot wear a shoe or boot.

I wish you well and have a great weekend.

4. Need to finish new LiFePO4 battery install in Taco before Eclipse trip

Mainly #1 tho 😿
I call it March Madness. I am in the middle of a chicken coop build before these birds escape the brooder and are running amok inside the house.:oops:

I am working tonight, if I get back by 9:30 I will stop by and say hi at the circle K.

Last edited:
Add us to the list. My husband used to be on this forum. We’re coming in our 80 series. Look forward to meeting folks and spending a night out camping

Add us to the list. My husband used to be on this forum. We’re coming in our 80 series. Look forward to meeting folks and spending a night out camping
Actually, count us out lol. Our dog started limping last night and we need to take him to the vet and see what’s going on. We’ll catch up with the group soon. Look forward to meeting folks!

IMG-20240323-WA0022.jpg
IMG-20240323-WA0021.jpg
IMG_20240323_215652.jpg
IMG_20240323_215751.jpg
IMG_20240323_215830.jpg
IMG_20240323_220159.jpg
IMG_20240323_220253.jpg
IMG_20240323_220531.jpg

IMG_20240323_220443.jpg

IMG_20240323_220342.jpg

I was at the Circle K saturday and saw ya'll heading out. Jealous! Hopefully i can get my 80 fixed soon. Ended up doing Willow Springs Rd in my Duramax
20240323_103715.jpg

@Otter Thank you for organizing a great Run. The scenery was incredible and I actually enjoyed the rain.

Here are some of my photos. I took way too many photos of flowers and such, but I am only going to upload the photos with vehicles.

Post 1 of 2.
IMG_7245.jpeg

How many Stabwells' does it take to open a gate?
IMG_7247.jpeg

IMG_7255.jpeg
IMG_7262.jpeg
IMG_7267.jpeg
L1020017.jpeg
L1020031.jpeg

L1020034.jpeg

L1020036.jpeg

L1020052.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom