Events/Trails ROTM January 6, 2024: Backway to Crown King (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So 4low works now and i wasn't busy today so I went up crown king trail and then took senator highway to press kit just like i planned to (4 months ago)

I think someone needs to retyre

IMG_20240323_111837156.jpg

IMG_20240323_182100677.jpg

So 4low works now and i wasn't busy today so I went up crown king trail and then took senator highway to press kit just like i planned to (4 months ago)

I think someone needs to retyre

View attachment 3589619

View attachment 3589620
Haha, I was out doing the Crown King Scramble 50K run up that road yesterday and I saw a black Mitsubishi go by and thought, I’ll bet that’s the guy who did the run with the CSCC. That rock step towards the top looks nasty.

Haha, I was out doing the Crown King Scramble 50K run up that road yesterday and I saw a black Mitsubishi go by and thought, I’ll bet that’s the guy who did the run with the CSCC. That rock step towards the top looks nasty.
Yep that was me. We skipped the last bit with the rock step and went left on forest road 192.

What place did you get in the 50k?

Last edited:
Yep that was me. We skipped the last bit with the rock step and went left on forest road 192.

What place did you get in the 50k?
Ah, your route makes sense! I don’t know much about wheeling but I’d think a lift and like 33’s would be nice on that step!

I was 104th out of 300 starters (~285 people finished). The run is always fun (it is definitely Type 2 fun though…lol), and always tough!

I might do this trail on Saturday with my Uncle and some Jeeps. Realistically, will I make it relatively unscathed in my 60 with open diffs and 31” tires? I did this trail 100 times….in the 90s in a 1994 mini truck and 30” tires and it was always pretty easy. It seems so weird to me that this trail could be rough enough to worry about, but here I am.

There are bypasses for all but two obstacles. They are both doable with good lines and careful spotting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom