Rock Slider opinion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I went with 4x4Labs. Biggest thing I was looking for since sliders are basically commoditized was how the cats were protected, rather, I could careless about them, but was more concerned about the protection causing hang ups. Not cheap though.

Hard to beat the WKOR stuff, to my eye they look the best, but the Trail Gear sliders are definitely cheaper and would work just as good.

9df6363d-ebb3-41fe-8baa-ded0bc230c53-jpeg.2969569

4x4 labs also here- but 2 annoyances: 1) when your cat shields become dislodged due to age and rattle against it (boy was that a horrible sound) 2) I used a hi-lift once on the right side and it slightly bent the bar up just enough for it to make contact with the body resulting an an intermittent knocking....

Hard to beat the WKOR stuff, to my eye they look the best, but the Trail Gear sliders are definitely cheaper and would work just as good.

9df6363d-ebb3-41fe-8baa-ded0bc230c53-jpeg.2969569
I looked at the white knuckle and like those how they fit up close to the rocker panels, I'd like to see some up close and personal, I'll have to try to find someone in Colorado Springs with some installed.

I looked at the white knuckle and like those how they fit up close to the rocker panels, I'd like to see some up close and personal, I'll have to try to find someone in Colorado Springs with some installed.
I got the WKOR but got the 10° version to get it away from the body so I could use it as a step as well as be able to wash behind it. Otherwise, they are too tight to fit my man-hands behind.

While my opinion is a bit biased. Slee is a country mile from Colorado Springs so you could save on shipping. They make a robust, well tested slider for 95+ 80’s I own 3 pairs of them, including a pair Christo welded in his garage 20+ years ago haha.

While my opinion is a bit biased. Slee is a country mile from Colorado Springs so you could save on shipping. They make a robust, well tested slider for 95+ 80’s I own 3 pairs of them, including a pair Christo welded in his garage 20+ years ago haha.
They are an economic option if you don’t have to pay for shipping, I wanted Slee but the shipping was like $400 to CA

Support your local fab shops in your area! I did a quick google search and found a shop called Armorology in CO springs. Looks like they do all sorts of armor and custom work. Of course I can’t vouch for them, but their website and IG looks legit…

I was in the same boat looking for sliders and the thought of paying 150-300$ to ship from the well known companies was driving me nuts. I looked around at some shops locally and had a set made by a shop near me called Hot Metal Fab. Built and welded on plus a removable cat skid for far less $ than the most popular options.

5F16F79F-0A15-4E2A-B74B-11997130DEB5.jpeg

B6351D10-40B4-4054-A060-3484D6242E05.jpeg

664ABC16-4EE7-40E0-B643-1D5C9BD3AF54.jpeg

EEA44A7D-DEE5-4EA4-A082-0EC7E39BE96B.jpeg

Support your local fab shops in your area! I did a quick google search and found a shop called Armorology in CO springs. Looks like they do all sorts of armor and custom work. Of course I can’t vouch for them, but their website and IG looks legit…

I was in the same boat looking for sliders and the thought of paying 150-300$ to ship from the well known companies was driving me nuts. I looked around at some shops locally and had a set made by a shop near me called Hot Metal Fab. Built and welded on plus a removable cat skid for far less $ than the most popular options.

View attachment 3297927

View attachment 3297928

View attachment 3297929

View attachment 3297930
I can vouch for Jed at Armorology. He made a custom rear bumper plus swing out for my 4runner back in 2007 and still to this day is top notch and one of the best looking and highest clearance stuff available. Awesome shop to deal with and a top notch guy.

I am still looking looking and I found the coastal off road weld together kits for virtually 1/2 price of other sliders, PLUS I save on shipping. I have welding experience so it seems like a no brainer but just checking for any opinions?

I can vouch for Jed at Armorology. He made a custom rear bumper plus swing out for my 4runner back in 2007 and still to this day is top notch and one of the best looking and highest clearance stuff available. Awesome shop to deal with and a top notch guy.

Likewise I can personally vouch for Jed, I'm actually working with him now on a King Shock order. Jed is very meticulous and has a very high attention to detail and as such you will pay for it. His shop rates are competitive but expect him to take extra time to get things right and you'll pay for that extra time. You get what you pay for and whatever he does is going to just about the best you can get.

I look at him more as a custom builder/fabricator and as such you pay bespoke prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom