Portsmouth Island 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Sarah, put me in for a spot in cabin 16.

Thinking of bringing kayak as well, if we have same weather as last year , kayaks would work well.

Thinking of bringing kayak as well, if we have same weather as last year , kayaks would work well.
Good to know, ill bring mine too. Ill be there with the pup, will be his first overnighter. Camping on the beach should allow him not to harass anyone too badly. Excited.

I'd like to get in on this too. I have to confirm schedule for that weekend, but I'm definitely more than tentative.
What's the limit on the cabins? Is it per person/per bed?
I'd prefer a cabin; but can do camping if needed.

Hate to say it guys but I think we are going to back out of this one. Our cabin is free to give to others.

Dibs on cabin! Sorry Eric :(

We have 4 people, but can pay for the difference . . .or are happy to share with others :)

Last edited:
Am I missing cost for the cabin? I see cost for the ferry. But nothing on the cabin.

So I'm totally in!!
Want to be in a cabin.
Looking forward to it so much!!

Sarah said she'd go back through the list of people who posted interest in a cabin spot then make a list based on the order they posted. Sit tight...she's been in meetings for a couple days and we'll be traveling as soon as she gets out today.

We are still perfectly fine with camping or sharing a cabin. Heather and Avery (daughter) also are fine with staying in a "girls cabin" if it helps :)

Thanks for coordinating!!!!

IMG_20160923_073852.jpg

See the rest of you soon

i want to come with a buddy and camp on the beach you guys think my popup truck camper will be ok in the wind and will my tundra make it around ok with the camper on the beach i take it down to cb all the time but have never been out to pi i dont really want to tow my buggy down there and mess with all that just to camp so hopefully it will make it ok
11889663_10155929470470048_8525166694084154713_n.jpg

Hey folks, as some of you know, the troopy is out of commission following some Windrock damage.... it will take a few weeks to get it looked at and another few weeks to get it resolved. I hope it will be back in time, but since im camping hopefully there isnt a cost associated with keeping me on the list. I just dont know when I will have her back

Cost responsibilities go like this:
Ferry - each person is responsible for themselves
Camping - no cost
Cabin - total cost divided by cabin dwellers and paid by them to @FJ Junkie (she reserved and will pay for cabins)
Food - B'fast & Dinners...TBD. Probably arranged by cabin/bring something to share.

i want to come with a buddy and camp on the beach you guys think my popup truck camper will be ok in the wind and will my tundra make it around ok with the camper on the beach i take it down to cb all the time but have never been out to pi i dont really want to tow my buggy down there and mess with all that just to camp so hopefully it will make it ok View attachment 1327671
Howdy, Josh. Your rig looks similar to those of may of the fisherman who are there in November so I think you'll be OK. I don't recall any of them being pop-ups, though, so I'll defer to someone more educated than I am.

Hey folks, as some of you know, the troopy is out of commission following some Windrock damage.... it will take a few weeks to get it looked at and another few weeks to get it resolved. I hope it will be back in time, but since im camping hopefully there isnt a cost associated with keeping me on the list. I just dont know when I will have her back
Just throw a tarp on the windows.

Im hoping it will be back in time.... i could take the wifes awd cx5 and air down :)
FWIW, I took my wifes Subaru Outback to cape lookout with zero issues and did not need to air down. (Not that it would help with those tires) Got a lot of strange looks from others and had to convince the guy running the ferry that I would be good, but in the end there were no worries at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom