Pictures of interior tire carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have any pictures of interior tire carriers on their 80?

Maybe 33 or 35 inch tire, particularly the Slee unit.

I want to see how much room it takes up before going that route.

and any other aftermarket option besides slee. Nice unit but a bit pricey.

Thanks

Home made carrier with 33" tire. I mounted my OBA outlet
on the vertical support.
Spare carrier 002.JPG
Spare carrier 003.JPG

I got this idea from a magazine article using the third row seat brackets and existing threaded holes in the floor. I currently have a 35" spare on the tire carrier. Also, a CO2 bottle carrier on the passenger side. I bought a spare set of brackets to weld these up so I can always remove and add the seats if needed.
DSCN4599.jpg
DSCN4600.jpg

Mine

Similar to jjfj80's in post #2, but mine is attached to the third row seat bracket instead of being mounted to the floor. I used Slee's u-bolt/stud mount, but made my own "stripper pole". I now have to modify the vertical mount a bit since getting larger tires. The loss of cargo space does suck, but if you don't have a bumper, I think it sure beats it residing under the truck (if it still fits), on the factory roof rack, or being unsecured in the cargo area where it could kill you in a wreck. My only concern is putting the filthy flat back there after changing a tire on the trail. Hopefully that'll never happen....:rolleyes:

Sorry for the somewhat ****py pic, but you get the idea.

attachment.php

I got this idea from a magazine article using the third row seat brackets and existing threaded holes in the floor. I currently have a 35" spare on the tire carrier. Also, a CO2 bottle carrier on the passenger side. I bought a spare set of brackets to weld these up so I can always remove and add the seats if needed.

Very nice. Any picts without the tire showing construction?

Very nice. Any picts without the tire showing construction?

Maybe this weekend I can remove the spare and take a couple of pics.

Okay, if you ever think you will use your 3rd row seat again, buy a spare set of seat brackets like I did. The arm is welded to the seat bracket with 2 supports and also welded to the base plate The base plate is bolted to the floor in existing threaded holes, so the whole unit can be unbolted and removed.
DSCN4665.jpg
DSCN4667.jpg

Okay, if you ever think you will use your 3rd row seat again, buy a spare set of seat brackets like I did. The arm is welded to the seat bracket with 2 supports and also welded to the base plate The base plate is bolted to the floor in existing threaded holes, so the whole unit can be unbolted and removed.

Very well done. I think you could reuse the seat brackets for seats (i,e, cut off tire carrier and grind smooth) if necessary

This is Slee's stripper pole with a 35" on it. I know i know I need to clean out the Cruiser I've been workin too much lately :eek: It takes up about 1/3 of space in the 3rd row area.
P1060489.jpg
P1060490.jpg

I got this idea from a magazine article using the third row seat brackets and existing threaded holes in the floor. I currently have a 35" spare on the tire carrier. Also, a CO2 bottle carrier on the passenger side.

I really like it, do you have problems with your co2 laying down like that? Thought it was best to have it standing straight up. Thanks for sharing! I plan on doing something similar for both.

I really like it, do you have problems with your co2 laying down like that? Thought it was best to have it standing straight up.

I take the bottle out when I air up after wheeling. If you dispense the CO2 while the bottle is laying down, the valve and air line freeze up rather quickly. HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom