Parting Out parting out 1985 BJ74 in MD USA (parts only, not road legal) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SOLD: 1985 BJ74 in MD USA (parts only, not road legal)

due to shifting circumstances, i will be parting out a complete and good running unmolested stock 1985 JDM BJ74 that has been sitting in storage for some time. removable hard-top, 24V (has a 30 amp 24V to 12V converter), power steering, 13BT tdi engine, H55 5-speed transmission, PTO winch, full-floater axles (sorry, no lockers). the rust on this unit is pretty minimal, except for the windshield bib which is about toasted. engine runs strong, but the turbo will need new seals. transmission/transfer runs well, but it does have the notorious H55 transmission to transfer case leak, which will need to be resealed. i can't remember the mileage off the top of my head, but it is less than 200,000 kilometers (125,000 miles). i am located in MD near both washington DC and baltimore.

13BT/H55 drivetrain (plus pto): $3,500
full floater axles: $500 each
pto winch and driveshafts: $500
any other parts you may want or need, pm me and let's make a deal.

OR:
take the entire vehicle, factory service manuals (chassis and engine), a few special service tools (for front axle rebuild), and a few spare parts (used 24V gear-reduction starter and alternator, new front axle bearing trunnion bearing/shim and seal kit, plus whatever other spares i can dig up) all for $6,500. bearing in mind this vehicle has NO TITLE OR REGISTRATION, only a bill of sale. if you can get it road legal, that's your business. i'm selling it for parts/salvage only. as-is, where-is, shipping is on you, no trades (please don't ask). i will post pics and more info over the next few days.

Last edited:
very good deal for someone wanting parts.
Sorry this couldn't work out for you.

I know this is a long shot but will you sell the turbo + manifold?

Thanks

roma042987 said:
Check Vancouver cl there is a brand new 13bt manifold for 400.

They are replicas, extreme bends got them made. Call Steve, I have heard nothing but good things about the manifolds and Steve rocks.

PM sent

I can't swing the whole rig but would be interested from you (or whoever) in some parts like the PTO winch for example & the front sway bar parts......

Last edited:
update:
at present, i am entertaining an offer on the whole unit. if this offer falls through, i will be getting started straight away wrenching it apart, and i will get back to everybody's pms on a first-come-first-served basis. just bear in mind that it is still whole and i am only one guy, so it will take some time to get everything hauled apart, if parting out is the route i go. tomorrow evening i will post pictures and video of it running with a walk around. thanks for the responses.

dude, WTF are you doing?
drive it back over the border, get the importation papers as you cross back over.
you will make a crap load more money and maybe even drive it yourself ...

crushers said:
dude, WTF are you doing?
drive it back over the border, get the importation papers as you cross back over.
you will make a crap load more money and maybe even drive it yourself ...

Yes!!!

wayne, i can't drive it anywhere. no title, no registration, no insurance. i can't even get a commercial carrier to do it for me just for that reason. hell, aaa won't even tow it to a shop for me. no title, no registration, no tow. and i need this thing gone sooner than later. the amount of money i would lose taking that much time off (5 days) would about cut the extra profit i would make in half, if not more.

and i'm not taking less than $6,500, it's already priced to move. not trying to be a prick, just want to make that clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom