New snow plow/project/conversation piece... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah yeah. Might have to glue one on there just for you.

D

Its real tight coming off the truss and under the pearch man. Brake lines would be fighting for space with the u bolts... im thinking run the hard lines across the truss on either side to jist before the pearch then an extended ss soft line over the leaf pack and to the caliper.

D

Ss lines got ordered yesterday and i found a cool antiquish wrench to satisfy matts wrench fetish...

D

So how are you doing the hard line? On mine I want to just reuse the hard and soft lines from the 60 axle but I know that we need 80 series e-brake cables.

Not planning to use the 80 e brake but will keep all the associated cables and whatnot in case i change my mind.

Plan so far is to put the 3 way t in roughly the same ace as on the 60 axle then run hard lines on the truss to just before the leaf pearches. Ss soft line from there directly to the calipers. I dont have the room to run the hard lines behind the pearches and i think theyre more vulnerable there.

D

Went to camp for the weekend so i hit the axle hard to make up for slackin. s***s all finish welded, brake lines got made up, t is on the housing, and everything got a little paint. Took the time to ramp the drain plug with some 3/8" scraps i had left over from making the diff guard as was recommended...

To do the lines i cut off the brake tabs on the backing plates and threw them on the truss all strategic like. Made up the hard lines using the old rubber lines for reference so thats just waiting on the ss lines i ordered. Painted the calipers to match the front ones....

Nitro axles came in to boot.

Planning to go grab the axle thats under the 40 tomorrow hopefully so i can swap the third out at my place.

D

RIGHT ON BUD!! I have to do something similar on mine now too I guess... Hopefully I have mine under next week.

Good luck man! Gonna go steal the 60 axle from under the 40 today and set up the new one, maybe mine will be ready to go in too.

D

Derek and i jet out to petes today and ripped the 60 axle out from under the 40 and took it home. Dan and Army Steve popped by and we got the pita c clip axles out of the aussie locked 3rd and popped it out. A little cleaning and some sealant and its in the 80 housing now. Calipers went on and the long side nitro shaft got cut to length, chamfered, filed and both axles went in.

Went pretty smooth all in all besides the goddamed long side c clip. Damn thing was buried under the ring gear and inside the locker window. With some creative use of cotter pins as spacers and a mirror we finally got the mofo out.

[URL=http://s818.photobucket.com/user/charlesk11charles/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150624_182803_zpsragxzrsk.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=http://s818.photobucket.com/user/charlesk11charles/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150624_205016_zpskgpu7r2q.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=http://s818.photobucket.com/user/charlesk11charles/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150624_205030_zpsnprfrvv2.jpg.html] [/URL]

D

You will never want to swap a third under a car ever again after doing that! Soooo much easier on jack stands. Don't fill it with gear oil until the sealant cures!

Axle looks sweet as well!

We had a similar day today, although it's probably not as warm in Canada eh?

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1435195541.429211.jpg

Damn straight its warm think it was +25 today, so whatever that is in yankee talk. Birds were chirpin the sun was shinin and i got to hang out at my buddies on the river. In a garage and under the 40 but thats besides the point. At least the dog got to chill by the water.

D

25... Celsius?

That's almost as cold as it gets here. I'm moving north.

Yeah whats that like 77 f? Gets up to 35 or 40 on a hot day in mid summer.

D

Last edited:
THAT is awesome!

D what's your measurement from the side of the spring perch to the backing plate (along the axle), and are your perches 3" wide (you have 60 springs right?)?

Thanks

I have the measurements written down in the garage man, ill post em up when i go out there today. The pearches are 2.5" wide and the fj60 leafs are 2.75" wide. Are you outboarding the springs so theyre fj60 width?

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom