New American Built Adrenalin Off-Road Camper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the kind words Jon..

For those of you that may feel that price may be a bit steep...please remember this. You're looking at a 20 year trailer here...not some disposable piece of crap that is being pushed off as off road capable. Those videos don't lie, that dude launched this thing...several times. When you go to sell it, it retain its value. Handmade quality, instant set up, expandability, seems cheap to me.

Please tell Ric good luck...and best of luck to you and your family enjoying what's looks to be an awesome unit. Please provide some trip pics.

P.S. Ken Romer added a heater to his KK .......I'm camping doing some trout fishing now...so the cell service kinda stinks....or I'd look it up for you.

I don't think anybody said it wasn't worth it or it was overpriced---just that it's expensive! Lots of things are well built and worth a high price, but they're still awful expensive!

Your trailer is second to none, this equipment has whats missing from all the rest. CLASS, and as Titan pat ssaid,
there are two slightly used for sale. Great score, enjoy it.

Rubiconcruiser said:
Your trailer is second to none, this equipment has whats missing from all the rest. CLASS, and as Titan pat ssaid,
there are two slightly used for sale. Great score, enjoy it.

Where do I find the slightly used ones? I didn't see them on the site. Thx.

~Daniel

Sent from deep in the mountains of Honduras using only sticks and rocks.

Where do I find the slightly used ones? I didn't see them on the site. Thx.

~Daniel

I think he was Referring to titanpat's ROAM build that he sarcastically stated was-for sale.

There are no used American Built Adrenalin Rush's for sale in the US because there are only two examples here. The prototype and mine. Someone may have an imported version available somewhere but I have not heard of one being imported and don't think any have.

But Speaking of Referring, if any of the readers out there are sold on one of these after seeing it here, Give Ric a call and tell him that I sent you. Then tell me you told him. ;) He has graciously offered a small Referral bonus to help him get it off the ground.

That said, I will still be brutally honest about the trailer, something that Ric has stated that he would absolutely expect me to do. I'll be giving it a good test at Cruise Moab this week and will report back with a ton of photos after we get back.

:cheers:

Jonathan

^^^ Makes sense...thx!

~Daniel

Congrats on the purchase. Enjoy the family trips!

Very impressed with the frame. Looks very sturdy. Nice suspension too. And great to have a parking brake.

A bit unsure about the fold down with hard floor concept, though. What happens if you are in a rocky area? Level? Banged up quick? One of the great advantages of the usual trailer and RTTs concept are that you can avoid that issue. And I imagine the hard floor is not left unprotected to walk on directly, right?

You might want to work out some sort of movable wind screen for the stove. I find myself reorienting my table top stoves depending on wind direction when strong and changing. Not so easy with the whole trailer :)

Game Changer! Watch out Adventure Trailers...

now a note to the owner, the only way to gain market share in the high end trailer market stateside is to ALSO MATCH Adventure Trailers customer service. They dominate in the service department... like big time.

Best of luck, I hope to nab a used one at some point in my life. That or a TVAN.

A bit unsure about the fold down with hard floor concept, though. What happens if you are in a rocky area? Level? Banged up quick? One of the great advantages of the usual trailer and RTTs concept are that you can avoid that issue. And I imagine the hard floor is not left unprotected to walk on directly, right?

You might want to work out some sort of movable wind screen for the stove. I find myself reorienting my table top stoves depending on wind direction when strong and changing. Not so easy with the whole trailer :)

The floor (or lid when traveling is 1/8 Al. The bars are 1"x2" Heavy duty boxed bars, the trailer sits on those when deployed. The interior floor is built on a honeycomb fiberglass structure which is powdercoated and textured. Very true that you need to be extra careful when selecting a camp spot. Time will tell if it's a big deal or not. The trailer is built to support the cantilever if necessary so theoretically, if you couldn't find a flat place you could raise the suspension, level it side to side and then just have the floor up in the air. This wouldn't be ideal as it would not be entirely stable and would also put more stress on the body but it would work. You can see in some of the pics that there are stabilizer legs in the back to make things more stout.

Game Changer! Watch out Adventure Trailers...

now a note to the owner, the only way to gain market share in the high end trailer market stateside is to ALSO MATCH Adventure Trailers customer service. They dominate in the service department... like big time.

Best of luck, I hope to nab a used one at some point in my life. That or a TVAN.

Adventure trailers has nothing to worry about. Their Horizon and Chaser are in totally different realms and not really competitors. We really considered the Horizon but to sleep more than 2 it just doesn't work well. So far the customer service from Ric has been outstanding. He is more than happy to talk for hours about the trailer on the phone and meet in person. He actually delivered mine to me, an 80 mile drive! He has also been receptive to criticism and recommendations. He stands behind every part of the product 100% with a warranty. If anything goes wrong with any part of the system for any reason for the first year (except negligence) he will make it right. After that, give him a call and your parts are on their way, sourced in America and sent from America. He incorporates some nice inclusions, for example, a generous piece of absolutly every piece of fabric, canvas and plastic is included to use for repairs. I really think he is on the right track. It's great that when you call the company, you get the owner.

What is the hand winch used for?

The trailer wants to be in the open position. The winch alows you to lower it slowly (although it can be done without it) and to close it. (It can not be done with out it). I am looking into fitting a remote controlled electric winch which will make solo use much easier. I've set up and stowed the trailer 3 times in the last 2 days and I can set it up in 45 seconds and put it away in 5-7 minutes. You really have to think about where you are stuffing canvas while stowing as it is a tight fit.

Last edited:
Hittin the road for CM!

image-2076511958.jpg
image-2076511958.jpg

The reply was sarcastic. Just making a statement to the beauty of the adrenalin unit and of course wishing i could afford to sell the two units i have and buy one of these. Love the unit and nothing personal.

The floor (or lid when traveling is 1/8 Al. The bars are 1"x2" Heavy duty boxed bars, the trailer sits on those when deployed. The interior floor is built on a honeycomb fiberglass structure which is powdercoated and textured. Very true that you need to be extra careful when selecting a camp spot. Time will tell if it's a big deal or not. The trailer is built to support the cantilever if necessary so theoretically, if you couldn't find a flat place you could raise the suspension, level it side to side and then just have the floor up in the air. This wouldn't be ideal as it would not be entirely stable and would also put more stress on the body but it would work. You can see in some of the pics that there are stabilizer legs in the back to make things more stout.

snip

well, it would give me stomach cramps to have this beautiful new shiny metal top be sitting on top of sharp rocks and become sorry-looking. Better watch where you deploy it. OTOH the lid just hanging cantilevered out does not sound too great either.

But enjoy CM and the trailer!

Man I need to start selling stuff to afford this down the road! Purely Awesome! I have been drooling over Aussie swag type trailers for a long time and have never understood why the market hasn't expanded here. So glad it has now arrived. Way to go Ric!

Romer said:
Sweet. That looks a lot like my Kimberley

Absolutely. You know what they say about imitation. At the same time this is thoroughly unique. CDan an his wife took a very detailed look from a KK owner perspective. They would have some input for you. I'm trying to get spressomon to take a critical look at it as well while we are here.

Absolutely. You know what they say about imitation. At the same time this is thoroughly unique. CDan an his wife took a very detailed look from a KK owner perspective. They would have some input for you. I'm trying to get spressomon to take a critical look at it as well while we are here.

Damn, wish I was there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom