New American Built Adrenalin Off-Road Camper (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great video Jon,

My Neighbour got his Adrenalin trailer a few weeks ago, (took it to Camerons Corner the day after he got it and absolutely loved the unit) and i just noticed a few diferences (or short comings) in the Ausssie built one compared to yours.
Aussie built has;
No vented storage box. (spare tire was underneath the front on a small electric winch)
No air bags, compressor etc. (coils and shocks).
No Flares.
Comes with inner spring matress.
Deep cycle batery included.
Stainless steel poles to inside of camper (not for awning)
Comes with complete enclosed awnings for both sides of trailer.
Comes with a "boat" winch mounted at the front and nylon strap to assist in closing the camper.
Oh ,and not forgetting the $27,000 price tag.

Your trailer only reinforces my idea of importing some trailers from the states for me and my mate. Definately a better unit.:cheers:

Jon,
Nice vid! It would also be useful to see a vid of you closing it...

Like everyone else said great video! It could be cool for those that might use the top to transport an ATV for you guys to demonstration loading and unloading one of those. Everybody loves a multitasking trailer...great product!!!

-Daniel

Jon,
Nice vid! It would also be useful to see a vid of you closing it...

Like everyone else said great video! It could be cool for those that might use the top to transport an ATV for you guys to demonstration loading and unloading one of those. Everybody loves a multitasking trailer...great product!!!

-Daniel

I'll see what I can do. I don't have an ATV/Side-by-side but do intend on hauling motorcycles on top eventually. I'd like to do a more in depth video showing the entire setup and take down. The setup of the awning and additional room and takedown of the whole tent would be sped up (timelapse or fast forward) because we are looking at about 45 minutes or so to set the whole thing up and another 30 to take it down. The basic configuration as seen in the video takes about 10 minutes to stow, you have to use the hand winch and stop a few times to tuck things away and make sure all the fabric is inside the body.

Here are a few photos from camping near Blue Mesa Res. this weekend. No wheeling but the camper proved to work well as a kayak hauler and basecamp. I installed an Airlift 1000 kit on my truck just prior to the trip and was extremely happy with the results. The tongue weight of the camper is significant and my truck is already overloaded so even the Slee Heavy springs are not enough to keep the front end from becoming squirreley under acceleration. The airbags (ran at 25psi) completely resolved the issue. We used the additional room for the first time. Took about half an hour to set it up and provided a nice dry (we got a bit of rain) place for a second family of 4 to stay.

D7K_1734.jpg

D7K_6856.jpg

D7K_6858.jpg

D7K_6860.jpg

D7K_6863.jpg

D7K_7567.jpg

D7K_7292.jpg

D7K_7305.jpg

wow, you get to ride or jump the motorcycles up top? Fun! :)

Here is a photo I stole from their website. Not a motorcycle but still. I reckon it's about the same as getting the bike up in a pickup truck bed. Just stay on the gas. I have heard that people put anti-skid material on the top of the camper which I think would be a good Idea, otherwise you might not stop once you get to the top.

Now I wouldn't want to do any serious offroading with the configuration below but to get to camp it would work great.

309939_379656958760144_1754365284_n.jpg

403571_366509196741587_533118391_n.jpg

I anticipate tossing a couple of 400s and a couple of 50s up there in a few years.
309939_379656958760144_1754365284_n.jpg
403571_366509196741587_533118391_n.jpg

This is an insanely cool trailer...great product!

-Daniel

Man how I want one!!! The only thing I would add is hooks for lashing. It looks like the front to rear is covered well. But I see nothing on the sides. I have a couple of pontoons. And one would look good lashed to the lid. And the other to the roof rack of the 80.:) A couple of bubble levels would come in handy on the access hatch and door to where the air bag adjusters are. It sounds like the hand winch is best. If you have to take it slow and steady when packing it up. A e-winch might get you in trouble. But you do a e-winch. A lot of us flats guides here in the South use a heavy piece of mono attached to the trigger. Then to the trailer so you can pull the mono from the rear area with out getting your feet wet. Heck with the trailer you could even just hold it in your hand and walk around as you pack it. Then you could toss the pull line in the front storage.

Last edited:
Testing out a BigBuddy heater this weekend. It's currently 35 outside and 75 inside. I won't leave it running all night but it sure was great going to bed. I'll pop it back on tomorrow am.

image-3905688195.jpg
image-3905688195.jpg

Someone stole that thing. :meh:

More pics. The BigBuddy heater what a great addition It can raise the temp in the tent by ~40 degrees F. A 20lb tank lasts about 3 nights keeping the tent warm, burning on low for about 10 hours with a 2 hour high burn to get it warmed up. , I could probably stretch it out to 3 nights if I only used low heat. This one addition will extend our camping season to every month but Dec,Jan,Feb.

D7K_3342.jpg

D7K_3355.jpg

D7K_3372.jpg

D7K_3788.jpg

D7K_3801.jpg

D7K_3788.jpg

I would not use any propane heater in a closed tent or any enclosed space for more than a few minutes -if that-, low oxygen shutoff built-in or not.

Admittedly they do consume oxygen, but the catalytic type heaters burn pretty clean, CO2 and H2O is the vast majority of their exhaust. With tents in general not being exactly air-tight I'd worry more about it getting knocked over and starting a fire and the condensation than a lack of oxygen.

Admittedly they do consume oxygen, but the catalytic type heaters burn pretty clean, CO2 and H2O is the vast majority of their exhaust. With tents in general not being exactly air-tight I'd worry more about it getting knocked over and starting a fire and the condensation than a lack of oxygen.

it only takes something like 200ppm of CO to do somebody in, IIRC. That's not much. As in 0.0002 CO to 1 air.

I'm not belittling the danger, but I am pointing out that the generation of CO is very low to possibly non-existent (that is part of the point of the catalytic types), and the diffusion of it with air due to the air exchange in a tent is pretty high.

Would I use one in our trailer? Yes, but it would be on the floor of the dressing area - a good 3 feet below our sleeping pad. I have tested the one that we have placed just like that.

I'm not belittling the danger, but I am pointing out that the generation of CO is very low to possibly non-existent (that is part of the point of the catalytic types), and the diffusion of it with air due to the air exchange in a tent is pretty high.

Would I use one in our trailer? Yes, but it would be on the floor of the dressing area - a good 3 feet below our sleeping pad. I have tested the one that we have placed just like that.

well, yes, hopefully a good well-functioning burner may not produce a lot of CO, but what if the burner starts to misbehave for whatever reason? And having the space full of CO2 is not that great either I'm sure. It is not obvious, I think, that most people would leave a tent intentionally well-ventilated if it's cold enough for somebody to use a heater inside, or that a closed one is really all that much "open" either.
(Also, CO is lighter than air IIANM, and likely mixes well, so having the burner be lower than the bed may not be such a foolproof safety precaution, btw)

But eh, I'm certainly not getting a kick out of arguing about this. To each his own, risk tolerance is a subjective thing, and the circumstances are hardly well defined anyway, so who knows. Me, I'd err on the safe side with little ones around. But I'm sure Jon has thought about it all, and obviously knows more about his trailer and burner than I do. So I'll shut up about this now. Back to a great trailer thread.

Last edited:
I've thought about all of the above statements and all are valid concerns. The first few nights I only used the heater to heat up before going to sleep and again in the morning. I then ran it for a couple of nights on low through the night. I leave the door and a couple of windows slightly unzipped. I think the air exchange is pretty high in the tent. I agree and believe that CO is basically a non issue from this type if heater. I want to use it with a detector in the tent though. My concern and what's really keeping me from using it through the night is the very real chance of one of the kids waking up and tossing a blanket on the heater. That would be bad news. I will say though, turning it on in the morning when waking up and getting dressed makes the whole day go better.

I have access to a bunch if fancy 4 and 5 gas monitors through work. Time to do some experiments.

Last edited:
Wiki:
Carbon monoxide has a molar mass of 28.0, which makes it slightly lighter than air, whose average molar mass is 28.8. According to the ideal gas law, CO is therefore less dense than air. Neither gas is "ideal", however, so neither exactly has the densities predicted by the ideal gas law.

FWIW the bad gas monitor in my pop-top camper is mounted low. It reportedly/supposedly detects propane and CO, though the fire detector is mounted high. Who knows if the mfg knew what they were doing, but the gas monitor in a rental RV several years ago was also mounted low. After reading the wiki page linked above I'm inclined to think that the low mounting is more for propane detection than for CO detection.

Last edited:
When I use my ARB Simpson iii RTT, I use the buddy heater. I genarlly warm before going to sleep and warm in the am when I wake up. I carry a separte oxygen sensor and use it if I am going to run it on low through the night

I did install the propane heater Adventure trailers sells in my Kimberly Kamper. It has vent lines to the outside so this isnt an issue. When I am in the Kimberley I just set the heater to a temp and let it run

Everytime I look at your thread I am amazed at the similarities between your trailer and my Kimberley. There are a few differences, but the basic design is almost the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom