Help with trailer buying advice for new Tundra owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a new to me 2019 Tundra with 5.7L v8 and tow package. My goal is to eventually get a set up where I can tow a lifted FJ40 or FJ60.

I don't have towing experience beyond the occasional U-Haul tow behind. What should I be looking for when shopping for a trailer for this purpose, looking for the safest and easiest hauler?

Decide if you need/want a 7k or 10k trailer. A 7k trailer that weighs 2k lbs can haul roughly 5k lbs max. But who wants to max out their trailer? Not me.

Get one that has ramps that store underneath.

Decide if you want a a 16', 18', or 20'.

Electric brakes. Some nicer (and usually 10k) trailers have brakes on both axles.

Do you want aluminum or steel?

Figure out how you plan to secure your typical load as well as other things you may haul. That will help you decide what kind of securing points your trailer will need.

Check out some different brands. I found I like H&H because the components are high quality and it makes a different. I ended up getting a 16' 10k steel H&H trailer which ticks most of the boxes for me.

If you buy used make sure the deck is straight. I see a lot, and I mean A LOT of bent trailers.

Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom