My HJ60, TDIC on 35's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lcwizard...sounds like a good plan (love your stuff by the way- I have a 4+ on my 60)...I emailed Woody and he basically said it would be best if a third party handled the funds...seems like a "hot potato." I say, screw it...we should just have TLC Norway set up a paypal account and folks can donate directly to that....we could post a link on a thread and maybe we could get the moderator to save it as a sticky and maybe somehow track the progress of the donations?

+1 ^^^

Mr Norway perhaps you can look into the best way to have a PayPal account handle this action, a normal account would do the trick and have members "gift" money into the account but I'm not sure to what extent the account should be published?
Maybe a new thread showing a few build and fire pics along with your story and one of us will post after that with the call to donate to your account and to PM you to avoid publishing your account details?
Wizard maybe if you're keen to raffle something you could create a eBay auction and link it to the thread with the proceeds going to Norway?

Dave, your initiative amazes me, i really appreciate your drive and help.
I really am speechless, and i wish you all a happy fourth of July weekend!
My girlfriend and I thank you all for the support.

Truly gutted mate, and I feel your pain, my truck is insured but no where near enough to replace.

The mud family is just awesome

I do have a PayPal account which I have used for years buying parts for the cruiser.
That's how @lcwizard donated directly to me.
Of course there is no problem for me to receive donations, i am grateful for every penny.
I understand the importance of being able to track and publish the donations, i am just not trying to be a begging sob, and i dont know how this should be arranged. Maybe @woody can chime in, but i know he's busy keeping wheels turning for i<3mud.

If this really is published in some way, i don't know how to do it, but I can truly share the story and passion i have lived through with this cruiser for years.
And I would appreciate any help both with the moderation of feelings and language.
I'm used to being the kind of guy who always lends a hand to any person in need, and always trying to get out of situations just by myself.
I've been told over the last few days that I'm supposed to greet and meet any form of help, so I'll follow that suggestion in this case.

I'm sitting here reading and when I saw the pictures of your 60 I almost teared up.

So sorry for your loss of an amazing truck. I know your next one will be spectacular.

I don't have much money as a college student, but I'm not going to sleep well at night until I help you out. Let us know when/ what to do to help you.

Thanks, kinetime, spook60 and spudman.
Your support and kind words ease of the pain of my loss.
Very few people around me understand the significance of my loss,and my love for the cruiser.
I remember nicknaming my 60 after my grandfather Gjæver after i first picked it up a few hours away.
My grandfather and dad also had a relationship with cars, and he started the build of the garage i worked in.
He was an idol for me, hard working, reasonable and clever with any craft.
He passed away while i was young, but i live in his house, and i have so many good memories of growing up in his shop, helping out with getting his trucks up to the task.
The 50's merchedes truck he transported milk and cement with, is still in the family, waiting to be rebuilt, and I'm looking forward to that build and driving it one day.
The loss of his old shop and his tools i cannot describe. My father is also torn, and wishes to see me continue and succeed with my cruiser build.

I'm getting carried away, but there's just such a big story.
And really, this is therapy for me, with qualified personnel.
'normal' people doesn't get this.

I believe Woody was referring to funds in the event of a raffle. It would be inappropriate for me to handle raffle donations and supply a prize.
Donations to Pal ( TLC Norway ) through his paypal directly should be fine. Perhaps one of the Cruiser clubs could administer the raffle. If a club got involved they could solicit other donations as well. We could start a thread on the raffle and gather funds that way. Personally, I have no experience with raffles but many of the clubs have handled them in the past. If anyone has a suggestion or has overseen a raffle before , chime in.

Just posted a donations thread on Mud...paypal posted to send some help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom