Builds My 78' Barn find FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Bear!

Love to Fly... If you have a 2F with the 4 speed I think you will me happy the 3:70 gears. The situation I'm experiencing is as you described it. Start up a significant grade (even with a good head of steam) and start loosing speed/power having to gear down to make the grade. My issue is the 5 speed and 3:70's. It seems either the 4 speed and 3:70's or a 5 speed and 4:11's are good combo's. But not both the 5 speed and 3:70's. There are a few in our local club that are running the 4 speed 4:11 combo and it is working well for them. I hope this helps.

Sampson flexing his muscles, aka gettin' it done LC style!!

Sampson 4.jpg Sampson 6.jpg Sampson 10.jpg Sampson 12.jpg Sampson 13.jpg

I also had little help from my LC buddies. Thanks Roma and Tucker!!

R&T.jpg Sampson 1.jpg Sampson 2.jpg Sampson 3.jpg Sampson 11.jpg

Well I've made another acquisition for my truck. I landed a pair of cable locking axles. I'm beginning to amass quite a pile of parts! One of these days I need to start building my truck. But for now I'm having too much fun driving it!!! :steer:

Finally getting started on the body work. I have a couple of parts in the shop now and I just picked up these parts to deliver to the shop. That's the windshield frame, hood and cowl. Once this is ready we can start on the LHD change over.

Sand blasted parts.jpg

I finally have my seat conversion complete. I now have a LHD FJ45 seat frame. Off to the upholstery shop!

LHD seat frame.jpg

Dan I have the cab top back panel listed in the 45 for sale section as "Upper Cab Half", it is still available. I just noticed your Avatar, I ordered parts from you about 2 weeks ago. It might have been you I spoke with on the phone. I bought bumper tabs and LC spring perches. Both of which are going on this project.

Looking mighty fine, man. Keep it up.

Thanks! I'm trying not to get in a hurry but I'm ready to get this project finished so I can really start enjoying it. How about a couple pictures of your HJ?

Well 28 hours 10 mins + 1579 miles = a pair of 70 cable locked, FF axles with disks and parking brake! I think I'm getting to old for these Iron man solo runs! But I made some new friends. Joe Katana supplied the axles (for a minor fee) and I dropped by Old Air Products while I was in the neighbor hood (Dallas) and picked up my AC unit for the 45. In case your wondering what I hauled them in, it is my 2010 Honda Element (aka Red Ryder). I only got 28 mpg and I didn't even have to move the seats forward. Included with my 45 and my S2000, the Element is one of my personal top 3 favorite vehicle I have ever owned.

70 axles.jpg

where you fitting the ac unit? Middle of dash or on passenger side? Little tip.. I changed the back of mine to studs instead of using the bracket that came with it.

AC is going under the dash Passenger side. Why did you need to change the mounting approach?

Couldnt reach into the engine bay and cab at the same time. And the brackets that came with the unit didn't clear the unit anyway. Your cutting out your glove box? I didnt like their bracket. Just left a lot to be desired.

Couldnt reach into the engine bay and cab at the same time. And the brackets that came with the unit didn't clear the unit anyway. Your cutting out your glove box? I didnt like their bracket. Just left a lot to be desired.

I plan on leaving the glove box in tact. Did you install an Old Air system?

Still being installed yes. Was working on lines and routing them. I'm using the electric panel so the heater lines are upside down from how they run on the engine

I didn't want to lose the foot room. Will build a cover for it later. Guessing you got the one with the hoses straight out the back

I believe mine make a 90 degree out of the back. That was one of things I had spoken with the tech guy about. But I haven't opened the box since I brought it home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom