Builds My 78' Barn find FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Full moon rising over the 45 and my shop.

D9F9FDAC-9BD7-4EC4-AB34-42A1D0686030.jpeg

Samson got to ride the new lift for the first time today.

46F38390-621B-4F92-BC8C-6C1588CCBBE2.jpeg

Bet that was a little intimidating :)

Not really. I have had 3 other vehicles on the lift since it was installed. Samson has been the most stable. I was very cautious during the setup and initial lifting.

Michael, do you mind sharing where the rear bumper comes from on the 45? Here in NJ, people drive up your butt routinely …added a trailer hitch to my wife’s suburban in case she got hit from the back and sure enough, within a week..a girl bumped the back but… the trailer hitch and receiver took the brunt ( meaning the paint got scraped off the hitch) and the only damage was to the front grill on the other vehicle.

the 45 as I know it, I have never seen any rear end protection and this seems like it could be a real tail saver in the event of ….

Al I had my rear bumper custom made by a local shop. He did save the
Michael, do you mind sharing where the rear bumper comes from on the 45? Here in NJ, people drive up your butt routinely …added a trailer hitch to my wife’s suburban in case she got hit from the back and sure enough, within a week..a girl bumped the back but… the trailer hitch and receiver took the brunt ( meaning the paint got scraped off the hitch) and the only damage was to the front grill on the other vehicle.

the 45 as I know it, I have never seen any rear end protection and this seems like it could be a real tail saver in the event of ….

pattern for it for future use.

another bumper idea from @OPMACHINE great service, customizable. Nolen i believe has installed at least one and getting ready to install his second. I have one. Not a huge market for 45 rear bumpers but good to support someone that takes the time to build something for these old rigs. I went a little different with license plate lights, reverse lights and a bottle opener, Nolen goes more generic.

I aired out the tent today. I have spent most of my spare time finishing my shop, so it’s been a while since it was open. Hopefully this fall I can get some camping in.

BA144B09-81BC-4AF6-A16F-454C137CCCD6.jpeg

Merry Christmas 🎄 to my Mud family. I hope your holiday season is filled with family, love and blessings. 😇🙏🏻

Merry Christmas Michael B !
Merry Christmas Mud brothers!

Greetings from Germany
Demetrios

"Δόξα ἐν ὑψίστοις Θεῷ καὶ ἐπὶ γῆς εἰρήνη ἐν ἀνθρώποις εὐδοκία" Λουκά 2:14 (the original text in Greek)
"Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favour rests" Luke 2:14

Last edited:
Happy New Year my fellow mudders! I hope the new year will be filled with health, love and blessings for you and your family. 😇

Happy New Year my fellow mudders! I hope the new year will be filled with health, love and blessings for you and your family. 😇
Thank you Michael…. And the same to you and family. All of you guys are in my thoughts. Do you think Toyota planned this Camaraderie?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom